shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with hubby''s ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I posted in Rocky Talky without much luck, and Yellow Diamonds are colored stones, right
31.gif

Morning ladies and gentlemen. I''ve been a member of PS for awhile, but I mostly lurk as I haven''t had any real projects going.

I do now though. For his birthday (August 10--eep), my husband said he wanted a ring inscribed with TCB--Taking Care of Business. In the past he''s mentioned that he would someday like a yellow diamond ring, so I''d like to incorporate that if I could. My budget is very constrained: $150 tops, and I''d like to stay under that, so I''m thinking it would have to be irradiated. I''d like to have the ring made in Tungsten like his wedding band or titanium, although I''m not sure if these could be engraved. I''d be willing to consider silver, but he likes the darker grays of the tungsten, so maybe oxidized silver?

I''d like the ring to look something like this, but highly polished, with a tiny yellow diamond.

Any suggestions, thoughts on styles, vendors, etc, would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Beth and John ring 2.jpg

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Oops. Those were our wedding rings.
Here is the style I''m thinking of for this project.

sample ring johnny.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how bout a yellow sapphire instead? with a yellow sapphire, you can get a nice yellow intense sapphire at a fraction of the cost of yellow diamond.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how bout from applesofgold (maybe you can ask them to change to yellow diamond? and see if they can make this in tungsten or titanium)

http://applesofgold.com/CF52415514KW.html

this is white gold 4mm in width - its a benchmark brand so it''ll be a bit more, but its $375 plus you can get 10% off

applesofgoldweddingbnddiam1.JPG

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Thanks D&T. I''ll look into them. I definitely don''t trust my husband with gold. There''s a reason his wedding band is Tungston
2.gif

The yellow sapphire is a good idea, and I''d be fine with it, but for a guy my husband is surprisingly picky. In that case it would be better to just get an engraved band and save up for another ring later, but I''m hoping that b/c the size would be so small, 2 mm at most, it wouldn''t be too bad, especially if it''s irradiated. It''s always all or nothing with him
29.gif

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking about Etsy. Has anyone used a vendor on there for men''s jewelry?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 11:47:10 AM
Author: QueenB29
Thanks D&T. I''ll look into them. I definitely don''t trust my husband with gold. There''s a reason his wedding band is Tungston
2.gif

The yellow sapphire is a good idea, and I''d be fine with it, but for a guy my husband is surprisingly picky. In that case it would be better to just get an engraved band and save up for another ring later, but I''m hoping that b/c the size would be so small, 2 mm at most, it wouldn''t be too bad, especially if it''s irradiated. It''s always all or nothing with him
29.gif
maybe then you will you have to save up a bit to do it right the first time? Unless he likes to have mulitple bands to interchange?

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Right now he just has his wedding band. That''s what I may have to do. Or come up with something else for his birthday, which is only a month away, and work on this project for Xmas, when I can hopefully put some more money towards it.

I''m just trying to see if it''s at all possible right now. At a number of places online, rings really similar to the one I posted with a colorless diamond accent, were running about $80-100, so I wouldn''t think that $150 for what I want is completely out of the ballpark. I just have no idea how to go about this......

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 11:48:34 AM
Author: QueenB29
I was thinking about Etsy. Has anyone used a vendor on there for men''s jewelry?
Hi Queen. I''ve never used Etsy but I did buy bf a titanium and rose gold ring from an ebay vendor that i highly recommend: metal_eternity
It looks amazing and they were great to work with! They answered all of my many questions promptly and the ring was very reasonable (def in your price range).
Here''s a pic of it (well, it''s a vendor photo but it looks exactly the same).

i''m not sure if they work with diamonds or not, but it never hurts to ask!
If you use ebay, i would def recommend them.

jasonsring71009.jpg

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I''ll check them out as well. Thank you!

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I decided to go with Hawaiititanium on Etsy. I convoed a few vendors and they were the first who got back to me. They seem very helpful, and are able to source the diamond, and are only charging me $175 -- only a little over budget
27.gif

I''ll post when I get it at the beginning of August. Thanks for your help everyone! I''m so excited. This is my first time using Etsy. Next up: Sally at Heart of Water
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results