shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Half Moons

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdamP

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone -

I''ve been following the forums here for a while and everyone seems so helpful to us guys frantic to make everything perfect in an engagement ring. So I turn to you now in hopes for some guidance.

The good news is, I know exactly what I''m looking for. I''m looking to get a cushion cut center stone, flanked by half moons. The center stone doesn''t seem to be a problem, but the half moons aren''t easy to locate. Not only that, but I don''t think I completely understand the setting process. If I were to find all the loose diamonds, how difficult is it to find someone to set them into a ring?

Clearly, I have some fundamental questions to answer before I can start the purchasing process. Thanks in advance for your help!

This is pretty darn close to what I''m looking for...
cushion-ring-half-moons.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!
1.gif

... well, no wonder you don't find half moon sides, these are usually provided by the jeweler making the ring. It might also be a good idea for you to see a couple of pairs next to your diamond and get an idea what they look like together. There is quite a bit of variation among these half moon sides for size, proportions and cut. It is a great idea to have some choice, IMO. I would think the setting will have to be custom made to get the stones matched and fit together as they should. The sides will most likely come from the jeweler.

Do you have your cushion diamond yet?

AdamP

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comment!

No, I don''t have the cushion diamond yet, but I''m very close. I also happened to find a pair of halfmoons that would fit the proportions of the cushion very well - although I agree with you, I''d need to see them all together to feel good about it.

I find a lot of diamond dealers, but do you have any suggestions on jewlery dealers that might be able to offer the ring/sidestones I''m looking for?

Thanks again!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
for a matched pair of side stones, David at Diamonds by Lauren. He also has some very nice fancy shapes to boot. That''s who I would call.

shay

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I looked at a selection of half moons last year and yes, there are diiferent looks.

I found my eye liked the ones that were more stretched out - not so much an exact semi-circle shape. In my opinion, the more elongated shape looks more elegant, but that is just me!

Good luck and post pictures.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I would also recommend Dirt Cheap Diamonds as a vendor. (They also have JamesAllen.com as their site.). I requested a quote for 2 half moon diamonds for a project I wanted to do, and they were very quick to get back to me. If I ever decide to do this project I will definitely use them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results