shape
carat
color
clarity

Help With Era On My OEC E-Ring

VintageTiars

Rough_Rock
Hello!

This past weekend I became the proud owner of "The Precious". I have very few details at this time but what I do know is this: it's an old euro diamond about .60 said to be L/SI2 but is eye clean. It has amazing fire and glows in the lowest light! The side stones appear to be a modern cut. It is stamped with a G inside a diamond and the full word PALLADIUM.

I'm guessing (hoping) this is a war era ring. Thoughts?

Thanks!

20140118_0.jpg

_16007.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Vintage Tiars,
I am so curious to see the front of the ring head on...can you supply more pictures?

VintageTiars

Rough_Rock
Hi! I tried to load more pics but my phone is not being very cooperative. Here's a top view.

20131208_144615-1.jpg

20131208_150246.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The fact it is cast in palladium could mean WW11, especially with the old european diamond. Do you have any history on the ring?

VintageTiars

Rough_Rock
Sadly I know nothing more than the basics. The style attracted me and it felt very 40's. I wanted a vintage ring. I'm taking out in for an appraisal as soon as I can afford it with a person in the Seattle area who works with Eragem

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Palladium signals war-era to me, however the center stone looks like it could be an earlier OEC or even an OMC, tough to tell from the pics. Could be an older stone that was reset into this setting in the '40's for example. But no matter what its provenance, it's a beautiful ring! Congrats!

VintageTiars

Rough_Rock
I think it's an old euro because it's pretty round. The side stones appear to be modern- both have very low tables, almost flat on top. I tried resesrching the mark but it didn't bring me much luck. The closest thing I could find was Granbery but several google searches didn't show me any fine or palladium jewelry.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The facet patterning looks like an antique cushion to me. The large pavilion mains have a maltese cross look in that picture. But I'd need better photos to be sure. It could just be an earlier european cut. Either way, I wager the diamond is not from the same era as the mount.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results