shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Emerald Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tonymo2020

Rough_Rock

I am going to be buying an engagement ring very soon and I had a question with a stone I found. It is a 1.23, F, VS1 for a price of 6600. It is a really nice looking stone and has a nice sparkle to it. My question and concern is that the depth is 51%. It is a little thin but sparkle very nice. It also looks like a 1.50ct stone. Can anyone give me any advice

By the way, it is a more of a square emerald and looks like an asscher

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
if you like it thats very important but there is not a soul on pricescope who would buy such a stone. a stone like that will probably only have shine when it is very clean. othewise is whill look like a sliver of dull glass. perhaps it has some other characteristics that make it nice but i really cant imagine any fire at all or any brilliance--------------mostly you will get light reflection off the pavillion and the table. an ideal depth for an emerald cut is 60 to 65% and for a square or asscher it would be deeper. it looks like 1.5 becasue all of its weight is on top..................dont know what else to say perhaps an expert could comment

tonymo2020

Rough_Rock
I appreciate you comments. I have no clue about diamonds. Its table is 57%, girdle thick, cutlet medium, polish and symmetry is very good. i had it next to a 1.29 stone with the measurements you gave me and it shine better than that. I read that you don''t want to go below a depth of 60%, but it really shined. How about the price?

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
51% depth ?
You should put your fingers around and under the diamond and only let the light going into it from above (wow my English is sooo bad).
Does it still shine ?

tonymo2020

Rough_Rock
I didn''t do that. What are the problems with have a diamond at 51%? I compared this to a diamond of similiar size but at a depth that is desirable when looking for emeralds and it shine more. Very strange and confused about all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results