shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spiff9

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I''m a huge fan of the PS site and have learned so much! But before i make my final decision on a diamond i was hoping to get some opinions on these measurements (I was able to get a SARIN reading).

Round Stone

G SI1 1.02 CT.

6.39-6.55(2.5%)

Table 59.3% (58.5%-60.4%)
Depth 60.8%
CA 34.8 (33.6-36.8)
CH 13.4% (12.8%-14.0%)
PA 40.9 (40.8-41.2)
PD 42.3% (42.2%-42.7%)
Girdle 3.1% (2.4%-4.1%)

Table off center 0.6%
Culet off center 0.3%

Also which category would this fall under in the AGA cut grading system. I want to check it out on the Price Stat chart to make sure i''m getting a fair price.

Thanks for you help!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
not my favorite combination...but it could be very nice. have you seen it, or do you have IS photos?

Spiff9

Rough_Rock
Belle - thanks for the quick response. I have seen the stone in person and it seems very nice. It''s certainly eye-clean and looking under the loupe there is a small inclusion that looks like a dark scratch in the center of the table.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re welcome spiff!
2.gif

i love those eye-clean si stones!
36.gif
it sounds like you found something you really like..that''s a big step.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you Spiff. If you''ve seen the stone, you love the stone, you trust the seller, you can trade up at some point, and there is a reasonable refund policy if you change your mind, it shouldn''t matter much what anyone thinks of the numbers. Numbers can help, but seeing a stone is (IMHO) more important.

Some people would say the table is too large, but I personally have an almost identical sized table on my RB diamond and it''s a simply beautiful stone.

Is the stone graded by either GIA or AGS?

Best wishes..........

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
It scores a 2.3 (all VGs) on the HCA, "Worth buying if the price is right".

It is considered a 60/60 diamond, and there are some real fans of those out there. If you do a search you will find a lot of information (pros and cons) about that.

If you have seen the diamond and had a chance to compare it to other diamonds (especially ideal-cut ones), observed it in various lighting situations -- and you love it (and the price is right)... then you may have just found a WINNER for you!

Lynn

Spiff9

Rough_Rock
Honestly, it seems that all the diamonds lined up next to each other look all the same (they''re all shiny and sparkley) so i''m trying to use the numbers to weed out any one that would be better or worse than the next.

It seems that this particular stone isn''t exactly "ideal", but is it well enough cut that it will return a lot of light? It scored in the 2''s on the HCA, and didn''t seem too far out of the AGS ideal box for stone with that table size. Belle - you said it wasn''t your favorite combo. What exactly didn''t you like about the measurements?

The stone is GIA certified and I do like the seller. I believe the seller cares about his business and his customers. Although, he does seem to be pushing this one particular stone for some reason...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2006 3:36:56 PM
Author:Spiff
Hey everyone,

I''m a huge fan of the PS site and have learned so much! But before i make my final decision on a diamond i was hoping to get some opinions on these measurements (I was able to get a SARIN reading).

Round Stone

G SI1 1.02 CT.

6.39-6.55(2.5%)

Table 59.3% (58.5%-60.4%)
Depth 60.8%
CA 34.8 (33.6-36.8)
CH 13.4% (12.8%-14.0%)
PA 40.9 (40.8-41.2)
PD 42.3% (42.2%-42.7%)
Girdle 3.1% (2.4%-4.1%)

Table off center 0.6%
Culet off center 0.3%

Also which category would this fall under in the AGA cut grading system. I want to check it out on the Price Stat chart to make sure i''m getting a fair price.

Thanks for you help!!
i would pass on this stone,too much "variance"
14.gif
. take your time,go look at some "top ideal cuts"

Spiff9

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments everyone! I''m going to pass on this stone and continue searching.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results