shape
carat
color
clarity

Help With Diamond Studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ssteigs

Rough_Rock
I am looking to buy studs as a wedding gift for my future wife. She is a petite girl with pretty small features. I was hoping for a little giuidance on a couple of decisions.

I don''t know if I should go with 1/2 ct. or 3/4 ct. I know everyone would say go bigger but given she is 5 ft tall and little, will they look to big on her at 3/4.

Most of the already set earrings (like on Whiteflash, Bluenile) are I color which I''m sure is fine given the size but are s12 in clarity. Should I be concerned about SI2 in that size?

And last I have seen many people say that the Martini settings are better because they don''t sag in your ear. Is this a concern in earrings this size or is this just for the bigger ct weights. Also will a 3 prong setting like Martinis, make the diamonds look Triangular in any way? Same ? for 4 prong making them look square.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The size of her ear lobes is probably more relevant in deciding the size of the earring. I have average sized lobes (at least I think so
1.gif
) and the Whiteflash expert selection studs @ .50 each.
inlobe.jpg

Here''s a close up shot of my studs taken by WF. Neither the 3 nor the 4 prong will make a round look anything other than round.
DD.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 1:49:48 PM
Author:ssteigs
I am looking to buy studs as a wedding gift for my future wife. She is a petite girl with pretty small features. I was hoping for a little giuidance on a couple of decisions.

I don''t know if I should go with 1/2 ct. or 3/4 ct. I know everyone would say go bigger but given she is 5 ft tall and little, will they look to big on her at 3/4.
does she like big jewelry? for me .5 would be big, but there are many who think that is too small. it depends on what she likes and where you''re from.

Most of the already set earrings (like on Whiteflash, Bluenile) are I color which I''m sure is fine given the size but are s12 in clarity. Should I be concerned about SI2 in that size?
i would not go above i/si well cut stones in that size are going to face up just as white as the colorless stones. i would defintely look a j/si as well. clarity is probably the least aspect of concern. no one will ever get that close to them.

And last I have seen many people say that the Martini settings are better because they don''t sag in your ear. Is this a concern in earrings this size or is this just for the bigger ct weights. Also will a 3 prong setting like Martinis, make the diamonds look Triangular in any way? Same ? for 4 prong making them look square.

Thanks in advance for any help.
martini''s are the way to go. they show off the diamond soo well and look very sleek and elegant. the 3prongs do not effect the visual shape in any way.

best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results