shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with DH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doglover4

Rough_Rock
Hope you ladies can help. I am trying to convince my DH to bezel set my 3/4 carat diamond but he absoluely wants to reset in a prong ring made by Mark Morrell. I have shown him all the posts
about bezel sets but he love Marks prongs and I can''t convince him otherwise. What should I do.
I wish I had a picture of a bezel by Mark. Maybe that would help. The one ring that Mark does that I love is the three prong ring but I''m concerned that I might get tired of the look

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2005 12:38:11 PM
Author:doglover4

Hope you ladies can help. I am trying to convince my DH to bezel set my 3/4 carat diamond but he absoluely wants to reset in a prong ring made by Mark Morrell. I have shown him all the posts
about bezel sets but he love Marks prongs and I can't convince him otherwise. What should I do.
I wish I had a picture of a bezel by Mark. Maybe that would help. The one ring that Mark does that I love is the three prong ring but I'm concerned that I might get tired of the look
Not being a lady may disqualify my suggestion, but have you been in contact with MM?

I'd get input on options, perhaps some pictures, and discuss your findings with DH. I imagine he would want to satisfy your wishes - or is this a surprise (that is not so much a surprise)?

BSHAW

Rough_Rock
LOL I was thinking that when I read the post earlier. I''m sure she didn''t mean to exclude us gentlemen on this board.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
I view this whole board like I do ladies night: You know, where the focus really should be on them, but we guys benefit from the specials.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand wanting what you want. . . but it would be hard to pass up a MM creation! Maybe once you talk to him you can have a meeting of the minds!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock

I wish I had a picture of a bezel by Mark. Maybe that would help. The one ring that Mark does that I love is the three prong ring but I''m concerned that I might get tired of the look
Your wish is my command!
1.gif

Here is a half-bezel ring done by MWM for Pricescope member jlrogers55:

mwmbez.JPG

doglover4

Rough_Rock
Thank you for that picture. Mark''s work is absolutely breathtaking. I will contact Mark and see what he suggests.

P.S. Sorry guys, I did not mean to exclude the gentlemen. Just wanted some ladies opinions on how to have my DH see it a different way.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2005 3:40:35 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

about bezel sets but he love Marks prongs and I can''t convince him otherwise. What should I do.
Not being a lady may disqualify my suggestion, but have you been in contact with MM?
LOL!
9.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see. From a woman''s perspective there are numerous reasons why you''d want a bezel-set. It protects the diamond better, in platinum it makes the stone look bigger, it has a more modern look...

Though, granted, the reason I would use is "Honey, *I''m" the one who''s going to be wearing it---not you!"
9.gif

BSHAW

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/28/2005 5:46:00 PM
Author: Hest88

Though, granted, the reason I would use is 'Honey, *I'm' the one who's going to be wearing it---not you!'
9.gif
That was the exact answer I was going to post!! I spent lots of time finding the 'perfect ring and suprsising my SO but the key to the 'perfect' ring was getting the one she really wanted. I wanted to get her the best diamond I could for my budget but the setting was all about what she wanted.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, i''m with hest: as the one wearing it, you should be the final word.

perhaps you can get him a MM......
emteeth.gif

peace, movie zombie

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
I have a semi bezel set (although not from MM, the one posted is beautiful, it makes me drool!
30.gif
) and I am so happy with it because I am the world''s biggest klutz. If I had a prong set, the diamond would already be elsewhere other than in the ring. For me that was the biggest design consideration; what can handle my inability to control my hands in a non-destructive manner. If you are active or are even half as klutzy as me, that''s a point in favor of the bezel. The only thing I don''t love about mine is the diamond sits in a cone shaped head; I wish I had one that was more open so I could admire the depth of the diamond, and the MM setting has that.

As for looking bigger, a friend saw my ring yesterday and asked if it was a 1/2 or 3/4 carat, and when I said it was a bit bigger than 1 carat, she said, "Oh, it must be the setting making it look small." That''s the only time I''ve heard that, as most people comment on how my diamond looks larger than 1 carat, so I don''t think what she says represents how diamonds really look in bezel settings.

If I could choose again, the MM design is beautiful and I would get it in a heart beat. You just need to talk your DH into it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results