shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with avr decision

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That picture is not showing a diamond with all facets off to me. But to answer your question, no my AVR never looks likes all the facets are off unless it is dark! Have you had a diamond before? Because is sort of sounds like to me that you maybe aren't used to how diamonds look different in different lighting? Or else maybe you just like modern round brilliant better.

Gwenb3

Rough_Rock
Hi diamondseeker,

That picture was taken around noon while I was in my car, so no, it was not dark out. The middle of the diamond gets dark in natural lighting. Not all facets are "off" but enough of them are, especially under the table, so that the diamond appears dark. I was expecting contrast between light and dark, but this diamond just appears to be dead in the center. The frustrating thing however, is how beautiful this stone is in other lighting! If the performance was more consistent indoor and outdoor, it would be the perfect stone for me. I'm hoping that this other stone we are getting will not be as moody! I'm glad to hear that yours does not do this.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most diamonds look like smuck in cars. I have a very nice transitional that looks like sludge in my car as does my OEC colourwise. Cars are really not a great place to view diamonds.

That being said, as I originally suggested you need to take the stone and compare it to some decent cut RBs some people's visual preference is for modern round cuts over old cuts, and there is nothing wrong with that it is simply what your eye prefers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results