shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

denver32

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m planning to buy a ring in this next week so I can traven on thanksgiving and give the ring to my GF. So far I have 2 options that I like, could you please help me out with this, and tell me what do you think and better yet give me some options you think are better?

I had trouble inserting the pics so here is the links

This is the Gelin Abaci TR006 model
http://www.sndgems.com/tr006-olym-cam-1.jpg

This is the A. Jaffe MES032 model
http://www.michaelcfina.com/mcfina/images/fullsize/PL051900000012.jpg

I would really appreciatte your help

thanks

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the looks of the second setting better.
I dont like tension settings from a durability and looks standpoint.
Put a well cut diamond in the second setting and yummy :}

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second one better too! When I upgraded I ended going from a tension set look (actually had a support bar under the culet) to a Jaffe setting, and from a "showcasing the diamond" standpoint, I definitely did the right thing (for me). I think the tension looking setting I used to have created a shadow under the stone from the walls blocking light entry (although I know this has NOTHING to do with the stone''s performance, as light enters and leaves through the table / crown) it was the visual contrast that made my eye THINK the stone wasn''t as nice as it really is. Does that make sense?

I posted my opinions and experience in this thread re: light return -

FWIW, I now have a Jaffe setting, and I have been very happy with it - good quality, looks great, european shank doesn''t twist or feel uncomfortable, etc.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I too like the A. Jaffe setting better. Also, it is very hard, if not impossible to resize a tension set ring. I think the Jaffe setting showcases the diamond more.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another vote for A. Jaffe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results