shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with a girdle!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lkeys

Rough_Rock
Oh not that kind of girdle!
emembarrassed.gif

I went back to see the cushion diamond (to set in an engagement ring) ,that my boyfriend and I have almost decided on, to get a couple more details on the specs/measurments and I noticed that for the girdle it''s marked "extremely thick"....this sent me into panic mode.....does this make it a bad purchase? It looks really pretty in person. It has a great brilliance in the showroom lights and in natural sunlight, but now I''m concerned and would love some opinions.
Here are the specs that I have about it:
GIA certified
2.05 cushion
Color G
Clarity SI1
Polish VG
Symetry Good
Flouresence None
Girdle Extremely thick
Culet None
Measurements 7.83x7.07x5.07
crown 58%
Depth 71.7%
The wholesale price to us is $14,800
Is this good??

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you saw it and loved it.... don''t let a small thing like girdle thickness change your mind on the whole thing.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2006 6:54:06 PM
Author: belle
you saw it and loved it.... don''t let a small thing like girdle thickness change your mind on the whole thing.

I agree. cushions tend to have thicker girdles due to the cut. If your eyes loved it, I''m sure it''s beautiful.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2006 6:54:06 PM
Author: belle
That''s my take as well. You saw it and loved it, which is what matters most.

C Smith

Shiny_Rock
An extremely thick girdle will cause a stone of that size to carry considerable excess weight in many cases. If well cut to normal proportion, the stone may well be under two carats in weight. Consider that the stone may be over-priced if it's being sold as a 2 carat when it would be a shy 2 carat if cut with a more conventional girdle. I wouldn't pay a full two carat price for that stone if it were my money. I'd talk the seller down to in price accordingly or walk. $12,ooo would be my top price but if you love the stone, make your heart happy and buy it.You'll regret passing it up later if you feel so strongly about it.
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results