shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Time for an upgrade for my earrings with BGD!!

itzme

Rough_Rock
stargurl, I think these are the chosen ones! :appl: I need to send my originals back and will get the process moving. As a while, I really like the set that you have, so I pretty sure I'll be going with 8 prongs and jackets. I'm nervous about sending my originals back because I only have a 10x loupe, and it's hard for me to assess them. I'm afraid they'll find something that will be considered damage, though I've worn them quite sparingly. Did you clean yours before you sent yours back?

Do you think you can take a profile picture of the 8 prong with the jackets? Does it protrude out much?

I'm really excited by quite nervous at the same time! You're right- it's really nerve-wrecking to choose something unseen in person :errrr:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Yay, it sounds like you've almost made a decision :bigsmile: :appl: Yes, I did clean mine before I sent them back, but just with one of those jars of at-home jewelry cleaner and a baby toothbrush. I'm sure yours will be just fine, I doubt the diamonds could have been damaged much since they are on your ears.

Here is a quick profile pic with my iPhone. Sorry its not that great but it should give you an idea of how the studs sit in the jacket. They sit higher than the jacket but don't protrude out too much. I don't think you would want the tops to sit completely flush with the tops of the jackets though. I think they look best when the center sits just a tad higher.

Well I hope you love whatever you decide on and please post lots of pics once you get them! If you have any other questions about mine, feel free to ask =)

profilejackets.jpg

itzme

Rough_Rock
stargurl78|1362451850|3396439 said:
Yay, it sounds like you've almost made a decision :bigsmile: :appl: Yes, I did clean mine before I sent them back, but just with one of those jars of at-home jewelry cleaner and a baby toothbrush. I'm sure yours will be just fine, I doubt the diamonds could have been damaged much since they are on your ears.

Here is a quick profile pic with my iPhone. Sorry its not that great but it should give you an idea of how the studs sit in the jacket. They sit higher than the jacket but don't protrude out too much. I don't think you would want the tops to sit completely flush with the tops of the jackets though. I think they look best when the center sits just a tad higher.

Well I hope you love whatever you decide on and please post lots of pics once you get them! If you have any other questions about mine, feel free to ask =)

It looks perfect! The stone does not protrude too much but not too flush. I used to want it flush, but realized it's not a good idea after I bought a first set of jackets which I ended up returning.

Btw, what are the specs of your jackets? What size stones is it meant for and what size melee? Do you mind sharing how much they were from IDJ? I'm wondering if I should purchase the jackets first and send them over so they can set my upgrades to fit the jackets, or if that wouldn't change anything.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
itzme|1362537587|3397523 said:
It looks perfect! The stone does not protrude too much but not too flush. I used to want it flush, but realized it's not a good idea after I bought a first set of jackets which I ended up returning.

Btw, what are the specs of your jackets? What size stones is it meant for and what size melee? Do you mind sharing how much they were from IDJ? I'm wondering if I should purchase the jackets first and send them over so they can set my upgrades to fit the jackets, or if that wouldn't change anything.

I know the diamonds in the jackets are 3-pointers so I think they total 0.66 ct. They are made for 5mm studs and they were right around $700 I think. Make sure to ask IDJ for PS quality diamonds. I sent BGD the jackets before they made the studs but I think you will be fine even if you don't do that.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought my jackets from IDJ a few weeks ago and they are now $795 in 14K white gold for the 3 pointers that fit 5mm stones with FG SI eye clean Pricescope quality stones. Email [email protected] and tell her what you want. I have 0.40 stones in martini settings that I wear with mine.

itzme

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input. I'm pretty confident these jacket should fit fine but I'm just wondering if it'll garner better results if I bought the jackets first and sent them over with my originals. But I wasn't expecting to get the jackets this soon so I don't exactly want to rush it if I don't have to. I do have the funds though.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
You really don't need the jackets - that size stone will fit them just fine. But I would buy them soon if you want them as the price seems to have gone up considerably on them. They are worth it though - so much bling added!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I think it's fine to hold off on the jackets if you don't want to spend the funds on them just yet, I'm sure the studs will fit fine. If you are going with the 8 prong settings, I would ask BGD to make the prongs small and to do little claws. That's how they did mine and they fit in the jackets perfectly. On my original pair before the upgrade, I felt that the prongs were too large and rounded.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results