shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! SI ultrasonic squealing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I finally bought a Sharper Image ultrasonic jewelry cleaner last Feb. It worked great. My rings were very sparkely and I was very happy. Until Tuesday when the machine started to SQUEAL instead of click-click-click when I turned it on. I unplugged it and let it sit for a day then turned it back on again last night and the same really high pitched sqeal is still happening.

Of course I don''t actually have the original boxes etc. I do have my order receipt since I purchased it online. I don''t live anywhere close to a Sharper Image store.

What does the squealing mean? Is there any chance it will recover? I''m assuming I need to contact SI to do an exchange. Any body had any luck dealing with them?

Pupper

Rough_Rock
I''d send them an e-mail letting them know what happened. even tho it''s past the return time, they may offer you a credit or let you exchange it? they''ve been very accomodating when i''ve had trouble with their merchandise in the past... good luck - let us know what happens!
35.gif

ps, i own the SI ultrasonic too - but no squealing noises from mine yet...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d call ''em. How long is the warranty on a new one? The refurb warranty is 1 year. But I''ve had it 3 years now and going strong. I think that perhaps there might be some lemons in the bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results