shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Seeking loose Tiffany Legacy (cushion step-cut)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jack Russell

Rough_Rock
I know there''s been a lot of posts on the Tiffany legacy Ring as a completed package with the setting, but we''re looking for just the STONE. My girlfriend (soon-to-be-fiancee) fell in love with the trademarked cushion step-cut and nothing else will now do -- not plain cushion, not asscher, not emerald.

We have a design ready to be cast, but our jewler only had one stone (.87 ct) and we wanted to be at or above a whole carat.

I''m having a heck of a time finding these things loose -- anyone know of a source?

Thanks in advance

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Unless Tiffany is willing to sell it to you loose, you won't find it. It is patented cut by Tiffany and therefore illegal for anyone else to copy it. No one wants a Tiffany lawsuit on their hands.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think your girlfriend has to learn to love another stone, or you have to get the Legacy...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 2:26:05 AM
Author: surfgirl
I think your girlfriend has to learn to love another stone, or you have to get the Legacy...

Yup...the closest thing I have seen is a company called Crisscut has something kind of similar. But since it is patented the only place that will truly have it is Tiffany''s. And they won''t sell just the stone.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, neatfreak, but that CrissCut is too frenetic looking for my tastes. For some reason that Legacy cut is more relaxed to gaze upon, dontcha think?

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Is there any way to buy the legacy from Tiffany but in a different setting, like maybe a plain solitaire. Or do they make the legacy as a pendant at all? I don''t know too much about Tiffany, I''m just thinking of a way you could get the stone from them and not be throwing away a ton of money in the setting.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 8:56:38 PM
Yeah, neatfreak, but that CrissCut is too frenetic looking for my tastes. For some reason that Legacy cut is more relaxed to gaze upon, dontcha think?

I totally agree, but it was the closest thing I could think of.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/18/2007 9:56:06 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 11/18/2007 8:56:38 PM

I totally agree, but it was the closest thing I could think of.
If I am not mistaking..., thats because of the scissor cut faceting added to the pavilion mains and corners.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results