shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - Scratch on Pearl

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi lovely Ps’ers

Just wanted some thoughts on whether i should get a jeweller to professionally buff the scratch on my lovely Paspaley pearl. It’s not front facing, so it isn’t super obvious. Pic for reference. 70977243707__489A0877-1976-41D0-B48C-9FE0B3BAAEEB.jpeg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd play it safe and leave it alone. It isn't noticeable unless you look closely.

Nacre is soft and eventually will undergo a little wear. It's part and parcel of owning pearls.

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
A stunning Paspaley pearl pendant, did the scratch occur after you bought it? If so I would take it back to Paspaley and discuss the issue, their customer service is amazing!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi lovely Ps’ers

Just wanted some thoughts on whether i should get a jeweller to professionally buff the scratch on my lovely Paspaley pearl. It’s not front facing, so it isn’t super obvious. Pic for reference. 70977243707__489A0877-1976-41D0-B48C-9FE0B3BAAEEB.jpeg

its a beautiful pendent
dont look at it too closely (do not loupe)
and do not point it out to people
enjoy it and wear it
and forget about the scratch
especially as its not front facing

in time you can replace the pearl

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can't imagine anyone would try to buff the scratch as you'd be taking a chance of creating a small patch of nacre with a potentially matt appearance. Small marks and scratches just aren't unusual on a naturally forming gem like a pearl. ( you guys have better eyes than I do as I can' t even see it lol)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results