shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!! - purchase?? SI with clouds (links/pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mattinmd

Rough_Rock
Hi all -

I have been a spectator of these forums for over a year (my girlfriend thinks I am diamond aficionado thanks to you all
10.gif
)

But now, I had to register, because I need your experience and advice!

I would like to purchase the stone and setting today if possible, but I am wary of the fact that the stone is SI1 with "grade based on clouds not shown" - I have read here that when the stone is SI1 with this note, one should be wary... so I am wary. But I also know I could have a great stone here. Thankfully, I am looking to buy from GOG (Good Old Gold), so they have great pictures and documentation.

If you have experience with clouds, please tell me what you think about this stone. I dont want to sacrifice any clarity or effect (of course
37.gif
)

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/2163/

I greatly appreciate any help!
-Matt

clarity1__i.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I would call GOG and ask. They have a reputation for being straight with customers.

By the way, the word is wary. Weary means tired. Wary means cautious; it has the same root as beware.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome.

I echo Glitterata, in an SI clarity if clouds are the grade setter you need to check with Jon as to what affect this has on the diamond. However if Jon is selling it I very much doubt there is a problem, but call and ask him to be on the safe side.

mattinmd

Rough_Rock
Please excuse my blind trust in spell check...

BTW - I have called GOG and left a message, the were closed yesterday. I will talk with them this afternoon.

Does anyone have any experience with clouds, that may relate to this stone?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The inclusions appear to be minute little specs..probably too small to put on the cert. But obviously GOG will tell you if it is completely eye clean. You have to be more wary when you only have a cert to look at, but GOG provides lots of pictures! Looks beautiful to me!

mattinmd

Rough_Rock
I bought it :)

6.gif

Talked to Charlie at GOG - its a triple VH, and perfectly eye clean he says.

Got a vatche royal x prong to go with it, size 4.

Im excited!!!!!

WHOOO!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Please post pics of the completed ring when you get it!!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results