shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Please tell me what is wrong with this cushion

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know PS has had extensive forums and I have watched many You tubes on various types of cushions. Various "cuts" of cushions.
Modified vs Modern cuts. 8 main vs 4 main. Do you warn to stay away from 4 main? I have seen the difference via photo of 8 main vs 4 and I see the broader flashes.

Please tell me why this particular cushion would not be a wise choice. It is a cushion modified.
Its a GIA so the faint brown does not bother me. The crystal (birthmark) doesn't bother me being a vs2 Im more concerned about the cut.
I'd like to understand what I am viewing when I see the GIA plot and the actual image.

I personally see a bright stone. Which signifies a great cut IMO. But I don't know...I need some feedback please.

Shape Cushion Modified
Carat 1.22
Lab GIA
Clarity VS2
Color M
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Good
Fluorescence M
Table 59
Depth 68.5
Crown Height 15.46
Girdle Thin to Slightly Thick
Pavilion Depth 49

cushionimage.jpg

gia_21.jpg

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Not an expert but to my eye I like that diamond I think its going to sparkle

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, I could swear I saw your SMTB thread on this ring but now it is not there... you do already own this cushion-cut diamond ring, yes? And, you were over the moon about it, right? Did something happen to cause you to doubt your pleasure in this diamond ring?

As to my opinion, it looks to be a lovely cushion - while it doesn't have the facet pattern my own eyes favor, it looks to be symmetrical and to have good proportions.

I hope you are able to trust your own judgment and take joy in your ring again.

(And, if I am mistaken and you never put up a SMTB on this cushion ring, my apologies)

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
marymm|1442072667|3926868 said:
OP, I could swear I saw your SMTB thread on this ring but now it is not there... you do already own this cushion-cut diamond ring, yes? And, you were over the moon about it, right? Did something happen to cause you to doubt your pleasure in this diamond ring?

As to my opinion, it looks to be a lovely cushion - while it doesn't have the facet pattern my own eyes favor, it looks to be symmetrical and to have good proportions.

I hope you are able to trust your own judgment and take joy in your ring again.

(And, if I am mistaken and you never put up a SMTB on this cushion ring, my apologies)

Your right here it is [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/warmer-diamonds-k-l-m.214928/page-2#post-3926072#p3926072']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/warmer-diamonds-k-l-m.214928/page-2#post-3926072#p3926072[/URL] unless this is another cushion lol

And the set diamond looks way better than the picture above very sparkly :love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Sphene thats me! lol I. do have it up on SMTB under the "warmer diamonds K L M. Thank you for your comments too!! :D

It had its own SMTB forum topic but I removed it because I felt i needed an "learning" forum more so than a "look a my new ring forum"
Cushions are so hard to judge. Unlike rounds which have a "numbers" guide like HCA. I re-researched cushion facet patterns and videos and before you know it I was doubting my purchase and the joy withered away. :((

I saw what you see, that the facet pattern was not ideal however the proportions and symmetry were good. Thank you marymm. I will heed your advice and trust my own judgement. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zest...Did you get an aset of this stone? If you did, please post or give the link to where it is posted. To be honest, it looks
leaky under the table (IMO). Is it returnable? You might want an old cut cushion or a cushion that has bigger, broader flashes.
They all have such different personalities and maybe this one is not for you? If you can fall in love with it's personality, then great!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for comments tyty!!

I don't have an aset. There is a 30 return policy on the stone. It may be leaky under the table.
Was able to get a couple of photos of some fire under the table.

underthetable.jpg

underthetable2.jpg

underthetable3.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I returned the cushion. Though it had fire the center of the stone just wasn't doing it for me. With all of the PS knowledge and information about cushions and the facets I couldn't convince myself that it was the one. :(

Now I will have a pear solitaire to match my pear pendant. :))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, sorry this one didn't work out for you ZB, but you certainly did the right thing, no sense keeping a stone that you don't totally love. That money is much better spent on something that makes your heart sing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results