shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please. Do you know what is wrong with my pussycat?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s great that they didn''t find anything! What a relief! Please consider my mention of food intolerances.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any good advice, I would have been looking for another vet if they weren''t taking the problem seriously, but if you are happy with them you would know best. I would have been frantic, hysterical even. Our older cat Ziggy has bladder issues, crystals etc (v common in male cats) when we first found blood in his urine we were both beside ourselves. He''s much better now, after a large financial outlay and a diet of very expensive prescription food.
20.gif

Lots of dust for Lissy, please post updates.

PS - I''ve always loved your avatar, she is a major cutie.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for checking in with advice and best wishes.

HudsonHawk: I asked the vet to consider food allergies. He was confident it was not but did not rule it out at this stage. They will keep all options open until she is better.

MishB: Awh, she is a heart-breaker isn''t she?

Bee*: Large animals! That must be a challenge. Thanks for checking in.

Lorelei: Believe me I have learned my lesson. Thank you for the advice.

Here is the update everybody....

The vet called my mobile today to ask how Lissey was feeling!
I explained that it was the same as last time she was getting back to form after visiting him - eating like a racehorse, talking to us and playing with the kitten. He said he was not happy with not finding a cure and wanted to do some more tests on her. He asked me to bring in a faecal sample for them to send off. He also said the antibiotics were in for collection (Norodine x 14 days).

I feel so reassured that this vet wants to help Lissey and make her better - for good. When we picked her up yesterday DH had baked a batch of choc muffins for the surgery to share. We are so happy to have FINALLY found a surgery that cares as much about our animals as we do.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear Lissy started doing better...lots of get-well-soon dust!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So glad to hear the vet is taking this seriously and doing everything they can to help your little Lissey heal up!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have taken our cats completely off all dry food and the wet food they get does NOT contain corn or wheat. i''ve noticed improved health over the last year and no further problems with blockages or poop issues. think about it: cats in the wild do not eat wheat or corn. their digestive system is not set up for it.

movie zombie

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Poor baby! What a sweetie - I''m glad she has improved a bit!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Update

Lissey kindly offered a sample on Thursday and we dropped it off at the vet. It will be a number of days before the results come back. Here is to hoping that they find something but it is curable.

She is taking her pills (I only have a couple of scratches
20.gif
) and eating like the old days. I even got a little petting - which for her is an honour
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope that it comes back fine Steel!! That''s good that she''s eating again like a trooper!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am afraid I don''t have any good advice but glad that your baby is eating again. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and yr kitty and here''s hoping that they find out the cause and that she recovers quickly.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s great that she''s feeling a bit better. I hope that the tests find something so you can figure out what your kitty needs.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sigh.

My Lissey is sick again. She responded well to the course of anti-biotics. I rang the vet and he said not to start another course of medication and see how she coped. Well she was great - back to her usual contrary self and with a full kitty appetite.

Fast forward to this week and she is off again. This time it is new. She was limping very lightly on one of her front paws and I noticed that she looked unkempt. She has never been a super clean kitty as she is ditzy and has lots of fluff; but she looked as if she was sick again - just from the condition of her fluff. I said I would leave it a few days to see if she was faking it
20.gif
for meals in bed or not. Well that cleared up and she did not limp anymore but she was glued to the house so I didn’t call the vet. Then yesterday we noticed a severe limp in her back right (I think) leg and she looks very mucky as if she has made no effort to groom. She is going back to the vet tomorrow.

We never did get her faecal sample results.

She is breaking my heart with all of this. I just wish we knew what is wrong with her. The first two illnesses were identical but this is new. And honestly we could do without the expense; we are only just recovering from the last vet bill. But that is just between you and me, I will spend what I need to, to make sure she feels better.

Please dust her. I will let you know what the vet says.

Poor Lissey.

15.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
This is just before Christmas. Before she got sick.

Lisseypoorlypussycat.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh lots of sprinkley get better dust for Lissey! I hope the vet can figure out what''s wrong w/her!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry your kitty isn''t feeling well. I really hope your vet can figure out what''s wrong, and soon.

I saw a car in a parking lot last night with a license plate that said "Steel", and your avatar with your precious kitty popped into my mind!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh Steel I''m so very sorry to hear that previous Lissey is feeling unwell again
39.gif
It breaks my heart reading about it, so I can only imagine how tough it is for you.

She looks so much like my kitty Amber - Amber (and her sister Gretchen and her brother Oliver) and I will all have our fingers and paws crossed as hard as we can and we''re sending a ton of get-well dust to Lissey - I really hope she feels better very soon!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry.
Lots of dust for Lissy. Dust for the car too and a hug for you! ((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy
35.gif

The vet rang and has offered to come in especially to see Lissey tomorrow after lunch, which is very kind.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steel, I''m so sorry to hear she''s ill again and you had a flat tire. Ugh, I can only imagine how you must have felt. I hope you can get to the bottom of this soon.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear about the flat tire - fingers and paws crossed that she doesn''t worsen overnight and that you are able to get to the bottom of things with the vet tomorrow!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I missed your posts HH & AG. Thank you for posting and for your support.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that Lissey is sick again Steel! Do you think its possible she got into it with another animal outside and got hurt badly enough that she can''t walk well or get back there to clean herself? I hope you get some answers at the vet with her today!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

UPDATE

I feel so sad right now.

I took my Lissey in after lunch - the Vet had kindly agreed to a late appointment as I said. I explained how she was behaving and that I thought she was in pain with her hip etc.

He gave her a full exam; poking & prodding my little girl, who just lay quietly without fussing (very unusual for her), he watched her walk and looked in her ears & mouth etc. He agreed that her condition was poor, she had not gained weight since January and was apathetic. He agreed that she had lost muscle tone since then and worse that all her glands were swollen. He asked to keep her for a few hours (bear in mind they close at 1pm) to sedate her and take blood and x-rays. He felt that worse case leukaemia, cat aids or cancer was seriously on the cards
39.gif

I am so sad for her, for DH and me. We love
30.gif
our Lissey maow maow puss.

I dont know if it can help but please send dust, plenty of dust.

15.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 9:21:06 AM
Author: Clairitek
I''m so sorry to hear that Lissey is sick again Steel! Do you think its possible she got into it with another animal outside and got hurt badly enough that she can''t walk well or get back there to clean herself? I hope you get some answers at the vet with her today!
Thank you Clairitek. I don''t know why she is sick. I suggested to the vet that she might have fallen off something (we are living onsite as we build our forever home) but he felt it was something internal. That said he did not poo poo the suggestion hence the x-rays.

Thank you for support. We need a little kindness today.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sweetheart, TONS OF DUST YOURS AND LISSEY''S WAY!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steel,

I don't know if this is applicable in Lissy's case, but I wanted to tell you about our Ming Ming. He was diagnosed with feline leukaemia back in 1995 aged 4. You could literally see the tumours growing in his lymph glands, it was that aggressive. We decided to try treatment which involved chemo once weekly for a month then monthly after that, plus meds every other day. We decided to see how he responded and if it didn't help then to let him go. He not only responded beautifully to the treatment and the tumours disappeared, that he lived for 6 YEARS with an excellent quality of life, and died from a stroke. So I just wanted to post this as we are so proud of our miracle man and what can be achieved. We were very fortunate and recoveries like Ming's were unusual but I just wanted to tell you about him! Also this is a long time ago now so maybe treatment has moved on a bit.

I take it he will be testing kidney function?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 9:52:05 AM
Author: Lorelei
Steel,

I don''t know if this is applicable in Lissy''s case, but I wanted to tell you about our Ming Ming. He was diagnosed with feline leukaemia back in 1995 aged 4. You could literally see the tumours growing in his lymph glands, it was that aggressive. We decided to try treatment which involved chemo once weekly for a month then monthly after that, plus meds every other day. We decided to see how he responded and if it didn''t help then to let him go. He not only responded beautifully to the treatment and the tumours disappeared, that he lived for 6 YEARS with an excellent quality of life, and died from a stroke. So I just wanted to post this as we are so proud of our miracle man and what can be achieved. We were very fortunate and recoveries like Ming''s were unusual but I just wanted to tell you about him! Also this is a long time ago now so maybe treatment has moved on a bit.

I take it he will be testing kidney function?
Hi Lorelei,

Thank you for dusting us and for sharing Ming Ming''s story. Really, thank you.

I am sorry about Ming Ming. But it is great to hear that treatment worked so well. If you don''t mind me asking - do you mean that he lived to 6 years old or 10?

UPDATE

The Vet rang us after we took her home today. He said that her x-rays were perfect. No fractures, no arthritis. Nothing. Her bloodwook was perfect; no virus, although it did show she was slightly anaemic. He does not want to treat that untill he can find out the primary cause of her illness and expects the blood to come back by the end of next week.

He said she is uncomfortable but not in pain. He gave Lissey a steroid to help her out and block pain.

She was still sedated when we took her out of her carrier so DH brought her up to our bed (her favourite spot) and she curled up on her dressing gown. I sat with her and said nice things while petting her back. We fell asleep together...it was very sweet, except I promised to help DH in the garden and slept though daylight. Later on I brought her tray of food upstairs but she had curled up under the duvet and didn''t touch the food so I left it for her to nibble on later.

We are thinking the worst and hoping for the best.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He lived for 6 years after his diagnosis so he was 10 when he died, the vets didn''t even give him 6 months.

Thats great you have her home, I will be sending out continual dust that she improves.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 3:42:30 PM
Author: Lorelei
He lived for 6 years after his diagnosis so he was 10 when he died, the vets didn''t even give him 6 months.

Thats great you have her home, I will be sending out continual dust that she improves.
Wow Lorelei, 6 years after treatment is phenomenal. Thank you for the dusting, but it is even better to know that there might be hope for her future. Even might is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results