• Option 6

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Just show me the results!

• Option 4

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
So as I posted recently, we bought FI''s suit for the wedding last week. Now we are starting to look at shoes. He is very tall (6''7") and as may be expected, has gigantic feet (16EE), so his options are limited. After fairly extensive searching, I have found 7 available options. Since you ladies have impeccable taste, I thought it would be a good idea to post them here and get some opinions on which ones you like!

For reference, here is the suit:

LPFISuit.jpg

And here are the shoes:

Option 1:

1_38229_FS.JPG

Option 2:

1_52950_FS.JPG

Option 3:

1_52999_FS.JPG

Option 4:

1_52786_FS.JPG

Option 5:

5615.jpg

Option 6:

5705.jpg

Option 7 (in black, though, not brown):

6105.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I still love that second pair!! They''re formal enough, but after the wedding, he has a nice pair of shoes to wear with jeans too! I just love ''em.
9.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I also voted for option 2 - I really like ''em. Plus, I think they are the same (or similar) one''s I bought for my FI to wear to a wedding, but in dark brown. He''s really picky about comfort, too, and he liked ''em.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I''m really curious about the person who said "None of the Above"--I can''t think of any other options unless they want him in boots or athletic shoes!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I voted #2 for the same reasons as sunny!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I like 4 the best. I really like the swoopiness on them. They''re formal but the swoops offer a bit of flair.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2009 5:34:13 PM
Author: sunnyd
I still love that second pair!! They''re formal enough, but after the wedding, he has a nice pair of shoes to wear with jeans too! I just love ''em.
9.gif

ditto!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Option 2 or 4.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I think it just depends on how formal of a guy your FI is! The squared off toe ones are much less formal and a bit of a younger look. If he wears a suit often or is frequently dressed up for work or otherwise, I think the last two options are great and he will have those shoes for years to come! I don''t think you can go wrong with any of them, just depends on your guy and the look/feel of your wedding.
1.gif

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i voted #2 but i also like #4. good choices considering you said it was limited! all of them are classic too so he''ll wear them for years.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I also agree with #2. I like that square-toe look on men''s shoes, and he can get a lot of wear out of them after the wedding as well.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I voted for number 4. I also like the squared off look on men''s shoes, but I find number 2 a bit boring. Number 4 looks much more sleek to me!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I guess my worry with number 2 and 4 is that square toed shoes seem to be a fashion faux pas for men (at least from what I''ve garnered in my internet searching). I never realized the world of high end men''s fashion was so complicated.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i like square toed shoes for men as long as it tapers in. i think those still look in fashion. just my opinion though!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I like #5 best, but really I guess I just prefer the narrower more almond shaped toe to the square ones (2,3,& 4). I seem to be in the minority though, since there is such a high response to #2.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 3:59:54 PM
Author: ladypirate
I guess my worry with number 2 and 4 is that square toed shoes seem to be a fashion faux pas for men (at least from what I''ve garnered in my internet searching). I never realized the world of high end men''s fashion was so complicated.

I''d never heard that - in fact I think they are very "in" now. All my male friends are wearing squared-toe shoes from pretty high-end designers. I am TRYING to get DH on board, but if it isn''t a flip-flop, he''s out
7.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 4:25:21 PM
Author: tropiqalkiwi
I like #5 best, but really I guess I just prefer the narrower more almond shaped toe to the square ones (2,3,& 4). I seem to be in the minority though, since there is such a high response to #2.

ditto! me too and i like a smaller welt on a man''s shoe.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 3:59:54 PM
Author: ladypirate

I wouldn''t call square toe shoes on men a faux pas, but I would say it''s trendy. His suit seems very traditional, so I''d follow that with a more traditional shoe. Plus, I find that square toed shoes on tall men with big feet tend to make their feet look bigger than they are. I like #1 or #5 best. I like certain things to be trendy, and I really like men''s shoes to be squared off for casual loafers, but IMHO I might worry that squared toe shoes will be the equivalent to the powder blue tuxedo of the 70''s. Okay, maybe not the blue tux, but maybe the ruffled shirt... Haha. I kid! I think they''re all attractive shoes. But like I said before, 1 & 5 are my faves.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 6:53:57 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
I wouldn''t call square toe shoes on men a faux pas, but I would say it''s trendy. His suit seems very traditional, so I''d follow that with a more traditional shoe. Plus, I find that square toed shoes on tall men with big feet tend to make their feet look bigger than they are. I like #1 or #5 best. I like certain things to be trendy, and I really like men''s shoes to be squared off for casual loafers, but IMHO I might worry that squared toe shoes will be the equivalent to the powder blue tuxedo of the 70''s. Okay, maybe not the blue tux, but maybe the ruffled shirt... Haha. I kid! I think they''re all attractive shoes. But like I said before, 1 & 5 are my faves.

Yeah, 1 and 5 are my faves too. I think he is afraid they are too formal and he won''t get any wear out of them, but I think it''s a good idea to have a really nice pair of dress shoes to wear with a suit. The traditional cap toe oxford seems like a good bet.

I think we''ll probably end up ordering 1, 2 and 4 and seeing what he likes on. If he likes #1, we have to decide whether to go with that one or return that and go with #5 (which would have to be special made in his size and is about twice as expensive as #1, but better quality and re-soleable).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
One or five. I voted yesterday for one though.

Every time I see this thread I remember that FI just has a suit. No shirts, no shoes...yikes.

You know, I think in the end I''d go for 5. If it''s better quality, and he''ll be able to wear them forever with getting resoled and stuff, why not go for the best? 1 and 5 are very similar....

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2009 10:52:52 PM
Author: FrekeChild
One or five. I voted yesterday for one though.

Every time I see this thread I remember that FI just has a suit. No shirts, no shoes...yikes.

You know, I think in the end I'd go for 5. If it's better quality, and he'll be able to wear them forever with getting resoled and stuff, why not go for the best? 1 and 5 are very similar....

Yeah, that's my thought as well. I think we'll go for the plan of ordering a few from the less expensive brand, letting him try them on with his suit(s) (he already has a black suit that he's not wearing for the wedding as well and he'll want the shoes to go with both), then deciding from there. If he wants to go with the trendier ones, then we'll stick with the cheaper brand, but if he likes the traditional ones, we'll order him the really nice ones.

ETA: Regarding freaking out about your FI's accessories, just remember that he is normal sized and thus it is easier for him to get these things. Most of Kris' stuff has to be special ordered, if not custom made, which adds mucho time to the process.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results