shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on Blue Nile Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Simon

Rough_Rock
I''m almost set on buying a ring from Blue Nile. I''ve read from this forum that their diamonds are a bit overpriced. However I need their extended return policy until Jan. 15. I''ve also learned from this forum that I should call their expert before placing the order. My main question is: What should I ask for when talking to their expert? Below is the diamond I''m interested:

Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: Very Good
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 66.4%
Table %: 72%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Thin to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.78x5.72x3.80 mm
Price: $3,744.

What do you guys think? I have a $100 off coupon that is going to expire in about 12 hours. Please help! Thank you so much in advance!!!

cascadejim

Rough_Rock
I am still learning as well, so I can''t offer too much advice on the diamond. I have looked at so many diamonds and specs that my head hurts right now. I just wanted to say that in regards to the $100 off coupon, don''t worry about it. Rushing a decision to save less than 3% isn''t worth it, plus you can always bargain with them and at least get the $100 taken off in the future if you mention the coupon. I''m sure.

One thing I have noticed is that there are a lot of options, so don''t worry if this stone gets sold, there will be plenty more. The info you will find on this site is great, so just wait for a reply from one of the experts, no matter if it takes more than 12 hours.

Good luck!

brianincincy

Rough_Rock
what shape is the stone?

Simon

Rough_Rock
Oops.. I forgot to mention that it was the Princess cut.
4.gif

brianincincy

Rough_Rock
Seems like a pretty good deal. Regardless, (again, I''m not one of the ''experts''), but I''d call their expert and tell them you found a similar diamond on pricescope for 3400. Seeing if he''ll budge could never hurt...

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
simon
their stones are not the cheapest of the online vendors but they are also not generally the most expensive......................

amateur

Rough_Rock
I agree their stones aren''t always the cheapest, but sometimes if you see the same stone mulitiple-listed on PS (same GIA number), their price is decently competitive. Also, they don''t charge 2.5% for credit cards like some places and I think often times they offer free FedEx. Just something to consider. I bet if you include the 2.5% and the $100 coupon, the price comes out pretty close.

Simon

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help, guys.. As I was still deciding, that diamond was sold already. Oh well...
7.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
simon,
keep looking! and make sure you read all you can about princess cuts. you''ll find lots (and lots) of info here on ps. for future reference, you have a better chance of getting a diamond with a better spread if the table% is smaller than the depth%
6.gif

you''ll find a good one, don''t worry!!

Simon

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Belle. Actually I''m still deciding between the RB and Princess cuts. I''ll keep looking...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
make sure to post pics when you find what you are looking for!!
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results