shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed with Tiffany diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I were you I would seriously look at the H&A''s from WF. They give you all the info on their stones whereas Tiffany does not, and my diamond came from Tiff''s. Mine is lovely yes, but if I had to do it all over again I would buy from WF. Plus you will save a boat load.
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock

Tiffany is the easy way out if you don''t have much time to research or study diamond tutorials. They sure have nice stones - quite a few of those are ideal cuts, some may have a 59 or 60% table (which DOESN''T imply a bad performer), but I think you''ll have a very hard time finding an H&A stone over there. I''m sure most of their stones do exhibit some kind of pattern, but probably nothing like SC, WF, GOG, etc stones.

To make it short, you won''t get a dog from tiffany. You''ll get a nice diamond, but it won''t be cheap, even compared to branded H&As. If you''re really fond of the traditional setting they offer, you may choose that route, but if you have a little time, let us help you and do get informed.. You can find beautiful diamonds from many sources.
1.gif

BTW, This topic has been overly debated. I suggest you run a search in order to gather more info. I''m sure you will find many in-depth discussions.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please read the tutorials on here, they are very helpful and also wanted to tell you to check out GOG. I bought my asscher from them and they are great to work with, HTH. Remember cut is key!!!!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
You have asked if it is likely that you would get a poor performer from Tiffany''s. No, it is not likely. You might not get the absolute top of the line cut, but it won''t be a poor performer by any stretch of the imagination.

If you want to buy from Tiffany''s, in my opinion the best way to do it would quite simply be to look at a bunch of the diamonds they have there and pick the sparkliest one--a "blind taste test" as it were. No, this is not a scientific approach, but the goal at the heart of things--whether you buy from a Pricescope vendor or Tiffany''s--is to pick a nice sparkly object to offer to your girl. As long as you know that you are paying a significant mark-up on the Tiffany ring, then any choice you make that you feel is best is the right choice.

My solitaire isn''t from Tiffany''s, but me and my husband''s wedding bands are, and I wouldn''t trade them for anything. It''s a very personal choice.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree with everyone on this thread, you will not get a bad diamond at Tiffany''s,

At PS vendors you will not get a diamond ring that you will get at Tiffany''s.

It all depends on your priorities, one thing is for sure, 150 years of reputation does not come cheaply, and Tiffany''s quality control is one of the most strict ones in the industry!!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are right, the Lucida is not the best looking stone in my opinion either, but loads of interest free consumers love it, and are willing to pay big $$$ for them. I guess Tiffany is marketing themselves in a pretty productive way.

I still would prefer the Lucida any day over a Regent, or even a Lucere.

But I would prefer many other conventional fancy shapes over the Lucida, and surely over any round, wheather its a regular round, a H & A, a 000, all rounds look the same to me...

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Well, dark918, it looks like you''re in luck. The Lucida may not have great light return, but you want a round solitaire, anyway.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The new Tiffany reports include crown and pavilion info, as well as table and depth %.
1.gif

3.5 is one very tiny finger
3.gif
.. Did you stumble across this ring? When I saw it I thought of you, I have no clue if it matchese your size/quality/price specs..1.27ct VS1 E http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2430
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Well done! (euh, I just didnt say that!)
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results