carat
color
clarity

Help needed with my CADS! 5.06 ct rubellite platinum ring

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Help needed with my CADS! 5.06 ct rubellite platinum rin

Acinom, could I ask where you sourced your rubellite from? Just curious :) it looks like another amazing ring in the works..

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks much better now :D The only thing I would request from them is to make sure the ends of the curls of the scrolls are touching/joining with metal on the arm of the scroll so that they don't become a catch hazard in clothing. I don't know if it will be an issue in real life but you see with Gypsy's above example the scroll parts are finished and touching and won't catch, on this CAD I can see space between where the metal ends.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FireMonkey said:
Yes! Open, airy, and (as Gypsy said) elegant. Beautiful!
Thank you firemonkey!!! You are so kind. I indeed feel it looks so much better now!!

Gypsy said:
Are are welcome! I hope you always feel free to post on RT for help with any projects. It's fun for us to help and be a part of your journey!
It's indeed fun to share these things! And it brought the design to a whole new level. Thanks gypsy!!

mochiko42 said:
Acinom, could I ask where you sourced your rubellite from? Just curious :) it looks like another amazing ring in the works..
Did you say 7 mochiko? It must be so much fun to work on 7 projects with the talented Sally :appl: I am so looking forward seeing your finished jewelry. That cuprian with pink sapphire ring will be amazing!!
My stone is sourced from Gemfix. They do not work with retail customers from outside the US when the stone is above a certain price threshold, so I asked ERD to source the stone on my behalf. I have not been able to view it in real life, so I hope it will be nice in reality :twisted:

arkieb1 said:
It looks much better now :D The only thing I would request from them is to make sure the ends of the curls of the scrolls are touching/joining with metal on the arm of the scroll so that they don't become a catch hazard in clothing. I don't know if it will be an issue in real life but you see with Gypsy's above example the scroll parts are finished and touching and won't catch, on this CAD I can see space between where the metal ends.
Thanks arkieb!!! That's a valid point. I will think about it as I actually like it in terms of spacing the way it is now. Good challenge to consider...

_21071.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous stone, Acinom! I can't wait to see your ring!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

Acinom|1407271756|3726691 said:
Thanks for your help and kind words!!!
And thank you Firemonkey for your encouragememt :wavey:

Just received the third round of CAD with revised gallery. I would love to hear your opinions.
PERFECT !!!

I like how the scrollwork takes the place of the vertical elements. Before, they were competing. Also the scrollwork has a vague butterfly feel to it, so I think it probably goes well with the shank design. Is it possible to see a 3/4 view? One where you see the basket and the shank together?

I'm jealous how quickly your CADs have been done!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1407338924|3727216 said:
Gorgeous stone, Acinom! I can't wait to see your ring!

Aww, thanks for dropping by and sharing your kind words DS :wavey:
I am so looking forward to see what the stone and setting will look like in real life.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

starryeyed|1407344627|3727272 said:
Acinom|1407271756|3726691 said:
Thanks for your help and kind words!!!
And thank you Firemonkey for your encouragememt :wavey:

Just received the third round of CAD with revised gallery. I would love to hear your opinions.
PERFECT !!!

I like how the scrollwork takes the place of the vertical elements. Before, they were competing. Also the scrollwork has a vague butterfly feel to it, so I think it probably goes well with the shank design. Is it possible to see a 3/4 view? One where you see the basket and the shank together?

I'm jealous how quickly your CADs have been done!

Thank you Starryeyed!!! You are so right about the first design where the stems drew too much attention.
All in all it has been a pleasurable process. I was not looking forward to the CAD proces, but it has been a real pleasure working with Chris from ERD. And I got such great advice here which created a true breakthrough regarding the profile design.

I don't have additional CAD's, but the ERD team will now print the resin model.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Given that a rubellite cannot be thrown into the US or cleaned via steam, I prefer a more open gallery to allow for a good brushing session.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Update!! My ring is ready...
I picked it up today and I am thrilled with the outcome.

After the last CAD's I first received these updates:

_23079.jpg

_23080.jpg

_23081.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Then this delicate version in platinum, ready to set the stone and apply engraving:

_23082.jpg

_23083.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And then... The stone was chipped during setting.
Luckily they were able to recut the stone. My 5.06 ct stone thus became a 4.68 ct stone.

I made a thread in SMTB: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fruity-freshness-4-68-ct-rubellite-ring-by-erd-be.206884/#post-3765006#p3765006']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fruity-freshness-4-68-ct-rubellite-ring-by-erd-be.206884/#post-3765006#p3765006[/URL]

Thank you all for you support and help :wavey: :wavey:

Here is the ring:

_23084.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results