carat
color
clarity

Help needed to choose between these 2+carat round diamonds

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Help needed to choose between these 2+carat round diamon

I think it is more that large houses value the natural earth made attributes of the diamond in the way history always did, now with technology diamonds are cut to gain that extra percent of light return meaning darker color rough looks sparkly too whereas before the brilliance from the clearer white color diamond stood out even if it was less sparkle. It was the whiter rough which was praised the most and recut to the brilliant cut in the old days which is why there are few d to g old European cuts to be found. The internet coming had to find a way to sell diamonds online and it was this technology it could promote, if not for cut it would be like coloured gems where you would naturally want to see it with your own eyes but of course the internet opens up more possible stones in different cities, countries to everyone.

I don't think I would call it ripped off with global names like Tiffany etc. I have never been near a Tiffany or bought from them so don't know their products though.

I remember reading that Tiffany stopped using GIA and started grading their own diamonds in house as they believed GIA was not as consistent as they used to be. Someone wrote recently that they still send large diamonds to GIA. At that time GIA did not grade cut either so the brands were doing no other than them, it was AGS and the internet who went on bout cut as a small group, the brands were with the majority. Cut was a new project so to speak which GIA adopted to an extent but still widened it up as if to say there are more beautiful diamonds from the study they carried out with members of the public than what AGS was claiming. GIA is still the authority on diamonds remember. They are american and other countries around the world although their diamonds are usually smaller are not so into cut, but colour and clarity still stands as most important.

I have also read that Tiffany get their own rough and reject stones with graining, fluorescence, twinning, looking for the diamond crystal they want to cut or that is worthy of their brand etc and so have first pick of the better rough. After enquiring here though I was told they have rights to their own site and do not have access to receive first pick from the produce of all diamond sites. They also cut their own stones.

CuteTeacup

Rough_Rock
Re: Help needed to choose between these 2+carat round diamon

Hi!

I have a few very quick questions that I would like to ask in private.
Is there any way to private message on this forums?

@ame, what is the best way to contact you? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results