shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed!!! I need an educated opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thomaslongmore

Rough_Rock
I''m in the process of purchasing an engagement ring for under $10,000. I''ve been looking on Blue Nile and Union Diamond. It appears Union Diamond has much better prices. Is there any explanation for the difference in price? I''ve been looking a three diamonds and would like to know if anything stands out (good or bad). This is my first diamond purchase and haven''t consulted anyone. Only my research of diamonds on the internet. Here are the three diamonds.

Union Diamond - Select Ideal Princess (GIA, 1.29, D, VS1, 6.23-6.2-4.15, Depth - 66.9, Table - 72, TN-STK, Polish - VG, Sym - VG, Fluorescence - faint) $9274

Union Diamond - Select Ideal Princess (GIA, 1.31, F, VS1, 5.96-5.89-4.33, Depth - 73.5, Table - 70, STK, Polish - EX, Sym - EX, Fluorescence - none(inert)) $8584

Blue Nile - Signature Ideal Princess (GIA, 1.00, D, VVS2, 5.57-5.53-3.98, Depth - 72, Table - 72, medium to slightly thick, Polish - VG, Sym - VG, Fluorescence - none) $8925

Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
You should message admin to have this moved to Rocky Talky. You''ll get a lot more responses over there.

Personally, I don''t know much about princess dimensions, but I think the difference in price is related to the color and clarity differences in the stones you''ve picked. Going based on color, clarity and size (since I don''t know about the dimensions), I''d go with the 1.31 F. F is still very good color and VS1 is very good clarity. You definitely pay a premium price for D since it''s considered to be the best. You''ll also pay a premium for VVS2. In my opinion, you shouldn''t be able to see any inclusions in a VS1, so going one step higher is a bit of a waste of money. It really all depends on your comfort level. My diamond is an SI2, so obviously my comfort level is a lot lower than many others on here
1.gif

Good luck in your search!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The kind folks in Rocky Talky will help you with this one. THey are all nice, don''t hesitate to post there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results