shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed for Diamond tennis necklace project

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

Im planning to get a non-graduated tennis necklace for myself with diamonds of size each 20 cents. I would you need help/suggestions on this .

1)For a tennis necklace of length somewhere between 17-18 inches any idea how many diamonds of each 20 cents would i need? :think:

2)Would a non graduated tennis necklace of 20 cents diamonds be enough for bling??

3)Also after seeing Princess Diana's necklace i get another idea ,why not get a tennis necklace which is suitable for multipurpose.
Either i can wear only the necklace or add an detachable pendant to it .

4)Any guesses about the tennis necklace which Princess Diana was wearing ,i mean how many cents would each diamond be?
I searched in google enough but didnt get enough information,all information was pointing towards her pendant and earrings ¨.

Would appreciate your comments /feedback/suggestions/hints.Thank you

diana_0.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Are you planning on a custom piece? I ask because there are vendors who would carry "stock" necklaces of varying carat weight.

Also I am unsure if you are asking whether the stone size "20 cent" = 20 points. If so, a diamond Riviera necklace with individual stones of 20 points each would be VERY significant in terms of carat weight--the stones would be large. Whether that is "enough" bling--only you would know. I might be tempted to try necklaces on IRL to know what you desire.

BTW, cut quality is what determines the sparkle factor. You can have larger poorly cut stones that might not rival its equal/with smaller well cut diamonds.

cheers--Sharon

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
Hi Sharon,

Thanks a lot for your reply and suggestions :)
Im planning a custom piece.I meant the size of stone 20 points and preferably F colour Diamonds with very good cut.

My main doubts in planning the budjet and size of stones are :think:

1)How many stones would i need if it's 20points each stone
2)As you say if 20 point will be Very big/significant ,how about 10 points each non graduating necklace ?
3)Also that i want to use it mulipurpose attaching and detaching pendants (as in earlier attached picture) ,which one might be appropriate 10 cents or 20 cents ??

These points are really confusing me a lot... :wall:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My research on the web revealed a 20pt MRB is approximately 3.8mm in diameter.

Assuming the necklace is 18in, that will be 18in x 25.4mm/in = 457.2mm = 120.31 diamonds.

Therefore, my guess is that the necklace will required somewhere between 110 to 120 diamonds, allowing for spaces in between each stone and for the clasp.

I would not be able to guess the exact number of diamonds required, sorry, as I am not a jeweller with a bench.

As for the size of the diamonds, it is down to personal preference, and 20pt will be small on me due to my chunky size.

8mm or larger stones will be more appropriate for me, however, I am unlikely to have such a diamond necklace unless I win big money in the lottery!

DK :))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot Sharon and DK for your inputs :)
Now i have better idea than earlier

heike

Rough_Rock
Did you ever make/get your diamond necklace? I’m looking into something similar.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ever make/get your diamond necklace? I’m looking into something similar.

Because I went through a similar time with my diamond tennis necklace (here in Sydney Australia I couldn’t find a jeweller who stocked them) I went online to eBay.
While there are many vendors and a wide range of price points I went with DeeJay jewellers, who are a bricks and mortar manufacturing jeweller, and got necklace I am very happy with. I put, permanently, a pendant on it because they do tend to flip, which I loathed.
I chose a graduated style so the diamonds at the front where you see them are big, while the smaller ones are around the back. CBD58D68-BA38-4092-BBFD-E7DF454F5D57.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results