shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!!! Need opinions on this pendant design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amsmeq

Rough_Rock
Some of you may know that i have some diamonds from different jewellery pieces that ive been wanting to redesign into a pendant for a while

I think ive come up with a design - -my criteria in general was something unusual that i could wear everyday.

The stones that needed to be included were

* 2 x .20 rounds (from earrings i got from my parents when i graduated college)
* 1 x .25 rounds (from a ring that i got from my parents when i turned 18)
* 6 x .05 rounds ( from same 18th ring)
* 4 x .10 rounds (from a ring that my mum gave me on my wedding day that she had had made from jewellery from both of my grandmothers)

i also love the look of pave and love love love baguette halos so ive tried to incorporate both

okay - the description

a square pave pendant (that can be worn as a square or a diamond) that incorporates the above stones so that the pave becomes more ''cobbled'' towards the bottom of the pendant.

the pave would have a baguette halo with round corners the halo would be bezel set (as picture)

The entire pendant would then have a wide bezel set with a brushed white gold finish (as picture)

My one concern is that the pendant my be a bit ''blingy'' for everyday wear

The other options are - no baguette halo or no small pave- the cobbled stones could be hammer set with the rest of the middle plain gold

Hope this makes some sense to you all - - again ide really really really appreciate feedback whether positive, negative or indifferent

Thanks in advance

pendant design.JPG

eac

Shiny_Rock
"Blingy for everyday" depends on your value of "everyday." Where do you live? How dressy are your friends, or how dressy is your workplace? If you''re in Beverly Hills or New York City, go ahead without worrying. Somewhere else, well...your mileage may vary.

I think the "baguette halo" and the "funky pebbled pave" are too much going on with the same piece.

That said, I love the "funky pebbled pave" idea with the metal bezel surround. I think it would be less overwhelming as a smaller rectangle, worn with the chain going through the short side of the rectangle, and the rectangle hanging down.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
That could be very interesting. And, for me, it wouldn''t be too blingy. Heck, if I don''t have enough of the real thing on everyday, I''ll throw on a fakey just so I make sure I have enough sparkle!
2.gif

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
It''s a beautiful idea to combine all these special diamonds. Smaller would definitely make something more everyday (depending on your lifestyle). Is there a way to just use the special diamonds in the center without extra pave and then just baguettes or brushed bezel around? For me, that would showcase the special stones and not clutter them with other ones (but I am super sentimental). I haven''t seen anything like this so you''ll definitely have something unique! Depending on the vendor you are going to work with maybe it would help to see it in CAD to get a better sense of it.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results