shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with these two stones guys, which one???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gaiudo

Rough_Rock
Hi guys! I have narrowed my exhausting search to these two stones by Dirtcheapdiamonds.com. They have very few differences between them--one is an I and one is an H; they are both the same carat weight (.788) and are both Signature Series Ideal Cuts with ideal polish and symmetry. The "I" color stone is a VS1, and the "H" colored stone is an SI1. Both have the same price of $2727.00. I was thinking that I would go with the I colored stone, but I ran the HCA on them both and the I came up as a 2.0 ex/vg/vg/vg, and the H stone came up a .8 ex/ex/ex/vg. What do you guys think? Thanks a lot of the input!

Here''s the H SI2:

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=7403446&ref=PS622

Here''s the I VS1:

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=7403449&ref=PS622

HSI1.jpg

Gaiudo

Rough_Rock
The picture above is the HSI1, I can''t get the otehr pic to load but it is on the link for it.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Obviously, it 's yours to decide.

Without your having run the HCA, I'd have been sympathetic to going with the better color (H), over the better clarity, where VS1 is a bit more clear than you may need.

Since SI1s I guess are not all eye clean, you could ask if it is...though with it being in the signature series, that should make it more likely.

Then, your mentioning the differential on the HCA makes it an easier choice...making me want to go with the only one under 2. I'm big on the HCA. And with measuring variation, the one at 2 could reasonably be closer to three with another set of measures...giving the one at .8 extra protection.

But, if you like the clarity thing, certainly that could be reason enough to go the other way.

Best wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results