shape
carat
color
clarity

help me with a watch choice please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
hi alL!
i have never posted in this section before, but i could really use some help...
my parents are getting me a nice watch as a 30th bday gift/graduation gift (from residency) and i''m trying to decide between 2 different ones...

one has small diamonds all the way around the bezel and the other only has a few on the actual watch face. i''m totally torn. the one with the diamonds is obviously more expensive, and although my parents say they don''t mind, i don''t want to take advantage of them!!
also, i usually don''t dress up tooo much, and hate being very flashy. that being said, i think the watch with diamonds on it is REALLY pretty...
what do you guys think??

here is watch 1:

jomashop_2007_367045616.jpg

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
and here is watch #2. i really appreciate your input!!

jomashop_2006_31874442.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
LIA, my vote goes to the first watch. It''s really pretty! Have you tried them on in person?

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
thanks snlee... i tried the first one on in person and really liked it but was worried it was too flashy. then my cousin (who was with me) was convincing me that it will be better in the long run (can dress it up more and wear to more formal functions, but it is still ok for work, etc etc). the store didn''t have the second one, but now i''m kind of leaning towards the first....

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
i vote for #1!! i dont think it will be too flashy at all for everyday use..the diamonds are not too big or in ur face..they blend nicely with the whole watch and it can be easily dressed up or down based on wat it is ur wearing...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2008 12:20:55 AM
Author: lover in athens
thanks snlee... i tried the first one on in person and really liked it but was worried it was too flashy. then my cousin (who was with me) was convincing me that it will be better in the long run (can dress it up more and wear to more formal functions, but it is still ok for work, etc etc). the store didn''t have the second one, but now i''m kind of leaning towards the first....
I would go with the first one with the diamonds, it is a very pretty watch.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I would pick number 1.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #1!

merlinthecat

Rough_Rock
OMG........definitely watch number one
36.gif

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
#1 hands down. It''s lovely.

HaloAngel

Shiny_Rock
I totally agree with your cousin!!!
Love it & congrats!
Hope to see pics when you get it :)

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to all of you who replied!!! Seems like there is an overwhelming majority...and dh agrees with getting #1 too. soooo...i ordered it this morning! they do free overnight shipping so i should have it by tomorrow!!!!!!!
so excited. will def post pics!!
thanks again!

ps...why am i not surprised that everyone chose #1, given that i AM posting on a diamond forum after alL!!!!!
emteeth.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2008 4:46:25 PM
Author: lover in athens
Thanks to all of you who replied!!! Seems like there is an overwhelming majority...and dh agrees with getting #1 too. soooo...i ordered it this morning! they do free overnight shipping so i should have it by tomorrow!!!!!!!
so excited. will def post pics!!
thanks again!

ps...why am i not surprised that everyone chose #1, given that i AM posting on a diamond forum after alL!!!!!
emteeth.gif
Yippee!!!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
#1!!! It looks fabulous!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So glad you decided to go with #1 - its really lovely. Congrats on finishing your residency - that''s a huge accomplishment
36.gif
36.gif

Definitely post pics when you get it
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you made the right choice. Looking forward to pictures! It''s a beautiful watch.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I really like both but when in doubt, go for diamonds!

Congratulations on finishing your residency. That''s so exciting!

May I ask, where did you order from? I''m browing for a watch for DH online, and not really being a watch person, I''m having trouble figuring out which vendors are good. He''s liked the same watch FOREVER and I''d love to get it for him.

Congrats again!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finishing your residency LIA, that's huge. And I also was going for #1, it's a lovely watch, very elegant, but yet not over the top!! Enjoy it, make sure to come back with pics once you get it!!!
36.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Definitely watch #1!!! It`s beautiful! It might seem a bit flashy to you at the beginning but you`ll get used to it very quickly. And I think it`s definitely suitable for work too!!

Congrats to finishing your residency!!! That`s excellent!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the well wishes! They tried to deliver the watch on Friday, but alas, no one was home to sign for it! Anyway, I drove down to the FedEx pickup place on Saturday and the drive was well worth it. LOVE IT!! Definitely made the right choice (with all of your help!!)!

TDM: I ended up buying from an ebay seller called AuthenticWatches.com
It was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the other sellers I could find, and they had received great feedback on ebay (and TONS of it). I did pay with a credit card, just it case something was wrong with the watch...figured I could always block/dispute the transaction if there was any problem. So far so good!!!

Anyway, here''s a pic of the watch:

pswatchtt.jpg

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
and another (PLEASE ignore my vein-y swollen pregnancy hands and arms!!)
Figured i''d try to get the bling in on this one too (although...omg didn''t realize how dirty it actually is!!!!)

watchpstj.jpg

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
The watch looks great on you!!! And goes perfectly with your wedding set!!!

Great choice!!
36.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
#1 was my vote as well. Glad you chose that one. It looks gorgeous on you!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for being so late with this, but, I also liked #1 and it looks fabulous on your wrist!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Very nice choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results