shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me set my new Gary Braun golden beryl asscher!

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
Hi SparkliesLuver! I got quotes from Steven Kirsch and David Klass for the baguettes-only design. SK's price is way out of budget. DK's is doable, but not quite yet, mostly because I spent some of my setting money on a suite of small emeralds for a 5 stone diamond and emerald band. :oops:

I also asked DK about setting the beryl as a 5-stone with traps and bags or bullets, and he said it might work, but he'd need to have the stone in hand to work it out. So I'll likely get back in touch with him in a bit, once I fill out my bling budget a tad. :saint:

I did contact BE via email, but no response. I've had that happen before with them, too--is it better just to phone them?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try to send your mail directly to Chris from BE. Or calling them would also be good.

You have some great options to look forward to 8-)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DecoDaze|1431983930|3878202 said:
Hi SparkliesLuver! I got quotes from Steven Kirsch and David Klass for the baguettes-only design. SK's price is way out of budget. DK's is doable, but not quite yet, mostly because I spent some of my setting money on a suite of small emeralds for a 5 stone diamond and emerald band. :oops:

I also asked DK about setting the beryl as a 5-stone with traps and bags or bullets, and he said it might work, but he'd need to have the stone in hand to work it out. So I'll likely get back in touch with him in a bit, once I fill out my bling budget a tad. :saint:

I did contact BE via email, but no response. I've had that happen before with them, too--is it better just to phone them?

I had to call as they NEVER get back to my emails. Ive emailed a handful of times. Its so frustrating as I loath talking on the phone. I'm very good at it, but I do it all ll day at work, why would I want to when I go home?

I'll tell you though if dk was just out of budget be will be way out. I have all my stones (I find it cheaper to get all the stones myself) and just asked for the setting quote and be was more than double dk. Almost triple )

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1431985377|3878208 said:

I had to call as they NEVER get back to my emails. Ive emailed a handful of times. Its so frustrating as I loath talking on the phone. I'm very good at it, but I do it all ll day at work, why would I want to when I go home?

I'll tell you though if dk was just out of budget be will be way out. I have all my stones (I find it cheaper to get all the stones myself) and just asked for the setting quote and be was more than double dk. Almost triple )

I agree, Niel. I'm perfectly competent on the phone, but I don't like it much. I vastly prefer email. Perhaps I just won't pursue a quote from BE, then; I suspected as much.

May I ask where you get your sides? I wouldn't mind getting them myself, except I'm wondering whether I should defer to my designer about proportions. Thoughts? :think:

And Acinom, thanks for the support! :bigsmile:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DecoDaze|1431988671|3878229 said:
Niel|1431985377|3878208 said:

I agree, Niel. I'm perfectly competent on the phone, but I don't like it much. I vastly prefer email. Perhaps I just won't pursue a quote from BE, then; I suspected as much.

May I ask where you get your sides? I wouldn't mind getting them myself, except I'm wondering whether I should defer to my designer about proportions. Thoughts? :think:

And Acinom, thanks for the support! :bigsmile:

I waited until leibish had a sale and bought some. Also you can get like 100$ your first purchase from them. However, I did get lucky with the proportions on those, it might be smart to get an experts opinion. Maybe try some out at a local place?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered IDJewelry? A simple solitaire with baguette sides is not overly complicated, I'm sure they would give you an excellent price. Plus their claw prongs are like art.

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
iLander|1432002027|3878295 said:
Have you considered IDJewelry? A simple solitaire with baguette sides is not overly complicated, I'm sure they would give you an excellent price. Plus their claw prongs are like art.

You know, I hadn't thought of them. Thanks--I'll get in touch with them for a quote! And I'd definitely appreciate artistic claw prongs. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results