shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me select a new wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock

Hi everyone,

I posted here about a year ago when I first got my rings, but I''ve come across a dilemma, and I would love some of your feedback.

While I ADORED this combo at first, I now feel that my eternity band takes away from my e-ring, which I truly love. I know that it looks good in the picture, but in person I feel like the "bling" is a bit much so that you don''t even notice the e-ring. The e-ring is a three stone with channel set sides and a Tacori-style design on either side. I''ve taken to wearing my eternity band on my right hand so that I can truly enjoy my e-ring. I would like to wear some kind of band though, just to show that I''m married and not engaged! What do you all think would look nice?

I would also love to know if there are any online sellers who offer really affordable (ok, cheap) bands. I can''t really justify spending a ton on my second band...

Thanks so much!

band1small-1.jpg

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
A 2mm band or even smaller. Try some on at the stores. But I think it would have to be plain. Although I think your set is really pretty as is.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it the way it is! It does look blingy, but the eternity band is so thin that it doesn''t take away from your e-ring. You could always wear the wedding ring on opposite hands as well. I plan on doing this because I wanted more of a blingy wedding band.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the ideas!

What you don''t see in the picture are the channel set sides of the e-ring...would a channel set band look a bit more subtle? I would also love to find a band that has a Tacori-type design on the side, in keeping with the sides of the e-ring, but I''m not sure where to look.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMO a channel set band does look less blingy than the shared prong so that might be an option. A thin plan band would look very pretty too though.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I think it looks great, personally, but then I LOVE bling
30.gif
. A plain band in the same width as your e-ring band would look great too.

Since I''m obsessed with eternity bands at the moment (as that might be all I''m gettin'') could you tell me your finger size and what size stones those are (or total ct wt + # of stones if you don''t remember!)

Thanks so much.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a cheap (I mean affordable) band would be just great! I would get whatever width your eternity band is so that if you ever feel like stacking them you can do that :)

I am such a huge fan of plain metal wedding bands!!!

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 12:04:58 AM
Author: LoveMeDo
Thanks for the ideas!

What you don''t see in the picture are the channel set sides of the e-ring...would a channel set band look a bit more subtle? I would also love to find a band that has a Tacori-type design on the side, in keeping with the sides of the e-ring, but I''m not sure where to look.
I''m not sure what you mean when you say "Tacori-type"; are you refering to some engraving or milgraining that we can''t see in the pic? Maybe another photo would help...

Aside from that, I like your current set, but I think I know the look you''re after. I agree w/ mrssalvo that a channel set band may work. Check www.signedpieces.com for a huge selection. A half or full eternity w/ princess cuts would compliment your e-ring beautifully!

-J

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would try signedpieces.com or faycullen.com - PSers have gotten some beautiful eternity bands from them!!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Wow... What a gorgeous set!!!!
30.gif
I love it just the way it is, but if you really want "less-blingy" I agree with what others have already said: either a 2mm plain wedding band or a channel set would be a great choice! Please share with us your final decision!!! But honestly... I would leave it as is if I were you!!!
2.gif

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for leaving it alone. Although I am diamond greedy and might even want a second eternity band for the other side. I think a plain or small channel set might satisfy your need for less "sizzle"

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much to everyone for the feedback. It''s really helpful to hear what you all think! I forgot how much I love this site!
30.gif

Independent Gal, my finger size is 5+ and I believe the total carat weight of the eternity band is 1 carat.

BunniBling, there is a scalloped design on the front and back of my ring, just like the attached picture (in fact, this is probably the ring that inspired the one that I have). This is part of the reason that I love my e-ring so much, and I was originally looking for a band with the same scalloping so that I could still enjoy the detail. Unfortunately, nothing similar that I tried on looked nice, so I decided to go for my current band. Hope that explains it a bit better!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
oops, that didn''t attach. here it is!

tacori2.jpg

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 2:17:41 PM
Author: LoveMeDo

BunniBling, there is a scalloped design on the front and back of my ring, just like the attached picture (in fact, this is probably the ring that inspired the one that I have). This is part of the reason that I love my e-ring so much, and I was originally looking for a band with the same scalloping so that I could still enjoy the detail. Unfortunately, nothing similar that I tried on looked nice, so I decided to go for my current band. Hope that explains it a bit better!
Gotcha - I was imagining something similar. FG''s www.faycullen.com suggestion is a great one. Good luck!

-J

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I truely love your set the way it is, but you are the one that must be happy with it...I think that a plain 2 mm band would look good with it. http://www.eweddingbands.com has nice affordable wings and they are very fast to ship.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they look beautiful together! Congrats on such a gorgeous set!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw this last night & couldn''t bear to write in ... I think you should *KEEP IT AS IS*. I know that''s not what you want to hear ...

I''d urge you *NOT* to get a similarly scalloped w-band -- I keep hearing about problems with that design & also complaints about how thick it feels WITH the e-ring. Lots of quality control issues & stones falling out & kinda gunky blobby workmanship.

Sometimes things *seem* better in our heads, but don''t live up to our expectations in *reality*. I fear this might be one of those times!

HOWEVER -- I *LOVE* it "as is".
1.gif

If you want *another* band though, maybe a super thin engraved band?

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
That''s really interesting, decodelighted. I have never heard about those complaints, so it''s really good to know! Maybe my "matchy matchy" concept wouldn''t be quite so great in reality..
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results