shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me scratch my diamond stud itch

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Okay, I''m now losing sleep over the desire to own diamond studs. Greedy. yes. Rediculously impatient. Probably.

Either way...I need to start warming DH up to the idea (for christmas and early birthday present?? Bday is in May!
6.gif
)

So. I want to start showing him some price options. Obviously I would LOVE to have big prong set RBs...but I think I may have to start with something small, and then upgrade one day. I''ve had great experience with WF - so I''m more comfortable doing business with them. Who knows. Maybe one day I''ll upgrade my 1ct stone and wee little studs?

Either way. Let''s let the searching begin!!!!!!

Here are my would likes:
No more than $700 per stone. That is all I can justify to DH.
White gold setting. Bezel if the stones come up "petite"...Prong if the stones come closer to .055+ range but I really doubt it on that budget (but you never know).
I''ll take size over colour and clarity for earrings. Yup.
I''ll happily go into Expert Selection (if it means getting more of the other things) and the stones are Purrrtty.

Who''s up for helping me with this project?
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
"Help me scratch my diamond stud itch"

mela, you''re such a dirty, dirty little girl!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
haha. surf - it comes from the lack of sleep!!
3.gif

I''m losing touch with reality
32.gif

LOL!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
This one is a J (totally not opposed to) and looks great (price-wise). Looking for a 'match'....

Item Code: AGS-8833509

. Report: AGS
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 0.401
. Depth %: 61.5
. Table %: 56.9
. Crown Angle: 34.9
. Crown %: 15
. Star : 54
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 77
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 4.72-4.75X2.91
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

0.401 ct J VS2 Round Ideal Cut
$578.00

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Melalu, I think you might need to go over $700 for WF. Ooooo, you found one, yay!!! I bet you can get both for $1400 now that you found that one. You might check w/GOG too. Fun project!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I know...but I can''t find a match.

sniff.

I''m going to keep searching.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
This other one is close in so many ways...but a huge jump in colour. (and therefore price).

0.393 ct H VS1 Round Ideal Cut
$763.00 Item Available - Ready to ship

Item Code: AGS-8833807
. Report: AGS
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 0.393
. Depth %: 60.7
. Table %: 55.5
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.4
. Star : 52
. Pavilion Angle: 40.7
. Pavilion %: 42.8
. Lower Girdle %: 78
. Girdle: Thin
. Measurements: 4.76-4.84X2.89
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

H to J - TOO different??
40.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
okay. here are two that are contenders. but SOOOO lickle!!! (OB keeping in mind that I''d be able to upgrade someday...) and it''s within the "budget".
These, bezeled (just like in my dream) maybe?

thoughts? One''s a wee bit deep....but not a dealbreaker.

Stud chart.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
mela lu, I wonder if anyone here may be able to pinpoint why the .40 J is an ES and not an ACA? It does look really good and the price is great! I just saw my two J''s in ACA, but if I had seen the ES, I might have swapped one out for the cheaper stone. My JVS2 ACA was significantly more, and I doubt the performance would justify the price difference.

Did you see the FSI1 ES''s? Those are .34. Also, the .32 FSI1 ACAs are still around and are pretty reasonable. Wait a bit...I am sure they have more stuff in that will make me want to
39.gif
. RBs are like computers....just buy and don''t look back. It seems like a better option is always lurking around the corner!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 12:23:45 PM
Author: mela lu

This one is a J (totally not opposed to) and looks great (price-wise). Looking for a ''match''....

Item Code: AGS-8833509
0.401 ct J VS2 Round Ideal Cut
$578.00

Nooooo! If I remember correctly, this is the BAD stone I had looked at and considered, until I looked closely at the ideal scope image. The entire of the arrows are off center when you look at the stone directly down into the table. THAT is why the diamond is so cheap!!! (maybe that wouldn''t be an issue for many, but that would bug the crap out of me.)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 4:45:33 PM
Author: MC
Off center:
Is it possible that the diamond is tilted? Meaning that off-centeredness might be an illusion?

Did you call WF and ask them?

If that hasn''t been done, it might still be a viable option for you, Mela. i''d call and ask about it before ruling it out.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
maybe it is tilted...maybe its not....

regardless, I''ve "moved on" to this pair of I stones.

9.gif

I''m no longer a J-gal.....so it can tilt its way to Buffalo for all I care
12.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh, those look stellar too!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2007 4:54:22 PM
Author: aljdewey

Is it possible that the diamond is tilted? Meaning that off-centeredness might be an illusion?

Did you call WF and ask them?

If that hasn''t been done, it might still be a viable option for you, Mela. i''d call and ask about it before ruling it out.
yeah, the diamond being tilted would make sense. I was surprised to find it "off" like that.

(I never called about that stone because I found another one instead
1.gif
)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those look great, mela! I have bezels from WF myself, and I LOVE them! I got 2 .308 I/VS2 Expert Selections. So you''ll beat me by a smidge, size-wise!
3.gif
I say go for it!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
hey thing2of2! Thanks for the enabling ;-)

DH is reluctantly warming to this...he''s agreed its a good price for the stones, but wishes that i would cool my addiction. gulp. I really do feel the addiction. Its a high. wowza.

He''s NOT sold on the $450 price tag on the handmade bezel setting. He''s trying to talk me into buying the stones and then taking them to our lovely jewler (who''s done 2 flawless customs jobs for us already) and asking them to create the thin bezel setting.

I''m open to the idea...as they''ve proved themselves to me quality-wise. I''m going to call our jeweler in the morning and ask how much he''d charge to create a comparable setting.

I think we''re going to go with the stones!!! HOORAY!!

I''m dying to see what an "I" colour looks like in real life. I own a ''F'' (pendant) and my e-ring is a ''G''...so I can''t wait to see how they compare.

36.gif

I''m beyond happy!! Who knew my secret christmas wish for studs would come true??!!!!

I''m going to go count my blessings now.
17.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if the price is still the same, but I went with 14k white gold for the settings instead of 18k white gold and it was less than $450.

The WF bezel settings are just sooo dainty and perfect-I''d rather spend a little bit more and get perfect ones from WF instead of risking it with someone else. Just my opinion, of course! I say work on the bf a little more until he''s on board for the WF settings!

I think you''ll be very happy with the I color diamonds. My earrings look very white to me and I LOVE them! You''re going to be so happy with them!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
things2 - I totally hear you on the dainty WF version. they are so beautiful.

I''m also SO curious about the 8 prong martini. those look so dainty too - but there are hardly any "real" earshots available...and I''m really curious how high off the lobe they sit.

I LOVE the bezel for the additional size they afford - but I also LOVE the delicacy of the 8 prong.

decisions. decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results