• Asscher with asscher band

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 3 stone asscher

• Round with side baguettes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
So, here are my options listed below. I had narrowed it down to two stones - an ideal cut RB H&A G SI1 (2.01 ct), and a cut-cornered square step cut H VS2 (2.48 ct). The asscher is beautiful, and I''ll always love asschers, but my husband reminded me that I think that every time, and then am always disappointed when they don''t perform as well down the road as an RB, so I''ll let you know that we''re 99% sure that we''re going with the RB. I think that he thinks that the upgrade fever will finally end if we get the RB.

The one thing that we thought of that I forgot to get pics of is an RB with side baguettes and double prongs, which was his favorite - I am torn between that one & the RB in a channel-set asscher band, which there are pics of below. It will probably be one of the two settings.

As much as the asscher 3-stone setting was gorgeous, it was huge & more of what I had in mind for an anniversary down the road, and I honestly think I''lll end up wishing that I had picked the RB once I''m stuck cleaning that baby obsessively again :p

So, here are the options:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

rbashIMG_1290.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
#1 second shot

rbashIMG_1307.JPG

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I picked the rb with the asscher side stones because from what I have seen, you love asschers but want more brilliance, this way you get something extremely brilliant that will never loose it''s brilliance, but you also keep the asschers....just a thought....good luck with your decision!
2.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

rbsol2IMG_1306.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

ashsol2IMG_1297.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

ashashIMG_1300.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
#5 - I actually really did like this one but it would have been WAY more than we wanted to spend :p

ash3IMG_1286.JPG

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I agree with your hubby. The RB with baguettes is so elegant and timeless. I would go with it.

ETA: Save #5 for the anniversary. That way you will have 2 totally different looks.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
#6 - this is a pic of a ring I just picked from the SMTR page - this is the one my husband liked, but we forgot to take pics of it with the channel set band

rbbagjjc.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
DitTo!!

ETA: Definitely get that 3-stone asscher for an anni down the road
30.gif
3.gif
31.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
We put down deposits on both the RB & the asscher so I can sleep on it overnight & let the jeweler know our answer in the morning.

The truink show goes until tomorrow, so we get 5% off the diamond and I think 10% off the setting if we order both tomorrow.

The RB actually cost less than my current asscher by about $1000, so that will be $ we can put toward the setting. The bigger asscher is about $3000 more not including the setting which would be another $3k more on top of that probably, and that''s really more than we wanted to spend, so I''m pretty sure that I''m going to go with the RB, since I really loved it too.

I just can''t decide which setting I like the RB in more - channel set asschers or side baguettes (either will have double prongs). I may need to go back there tomorrow to try them on again ;-)

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i love how asschers look on your hand, but if you want more brilliance, there''s nothing like an RB! i''m an RB person, but in the future i would probably go with an old mine brilliant or OEC for those chunky facets. step-cuts are gorgeous, but i don''t think i''m elegant enough to pull it off
20.gif

i voted for a RB with side stones (thinking of baguettes), which has a nice art deco geometry that might work better with your tastes (rather than 3 RBs or pears, etc).

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for the RB with the side baguettes...just a classic look and the sides provide coverage without competing with the round.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

RB with baugettes. Timeless and elegant.

cheers--Sharon

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
I love your asscher but it sounds like you really prefer a round diamond so I picked the round with side baguettes (it''s classic and gorgeous!). I also prefer the round with a plain band (I love the double prongs with both styles though).
30.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I would have voted for the three stone asscher - but since you probably want an RB I picked the one with the asscher sides to match your band.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
How big is #1? It gets my vote!!! It looks like a 3ct on your tiny hand!! I''m honestly not that in love with the look of the 3 stone asscher--too much going on for me. I say #1 with a tiny band to accentuate the "bigness" of the stone.......

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Duh, I just re-read your 1st post & see it is 2cts & that the stone is placed in the different settings. It looks huge to me! I still say a skinny shank is great to maximize the bling!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2007 3:35:49 PM
Author: 04diamond<3
I picked the rb with the asscher side stones because from what I have seen, you love asschers but want more brilliance, this way you get something extremely brilliant that will never loose it''s brilliance, but you also keep the asschers....just a thought....good luck with your decision!
2.gif
could not have said it better myself! can''t wait to see what you choose!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the RB w/ side baguettes. I would pair it with a step cut band.

One thing I wanted to add about the RB H&A... I LOVE Asschers but decided against one because the pattern I love in the Asschers wouldn't be super visible in the size I could get (it would still give nice, big flashes of light, but for those not familiar with an Asscher, the pattern might be difficult to discern). So, I went with the PoH (cut cornered square H&A) and one thing that I like about it, which I also like about the Asscher, is the visible, super-symmetrical pattern. So, I'm thinking Asscher lovers might also like the H&A. And if you get step cuts as sidestones and in the band, you can still have that broadflash that comes from steps while adding the brilliance of a round.

loser.gif
L's for love.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
RB with asscher band is just stunning!! Although I love the RB with baguettes, I don''t think I would care for it with your current wedding band. Congrats on the upgrade
36.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2007 7:09:35 PM
Author: risingsun
RB with asscher band is just stunning!! Although I love the RB with baguettes, I don''t think I would care for it with your current wedding band. Congrats on the upgrade
36.gif
Ditto for me...
RB with asscher band....beautiful. Not sure how RB w/bags with your current wedding band would look... guess I would have to see it on your hand. So, for now my vote is #1... very elegant.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RB with baugettes. I do like # 1 too.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for #6, the round with baquettes. I love that style! It is soooo elegant.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Hands down.... the RB with side baguettes!!! Timeless!!!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
I vote 2! They are all breath taking though!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the RB with the asscher band, no contest!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
So, I picked my upgrade, and I''m picking up the stone today in my old setting, but the new setting won''t be ready for a coup[le of weeks, so I''ll post pics of it then. I actually went with the RB solitaire, but not the one in the picture.

I saw that the baguettes was the most popular look, but the settings that they had in the shop didn''t sit properly with my e-ring, and the designers weren''t willing to work with me on a custom job so close to Xmas, so I scrathed that idea. The asscher-set band was also pretty, but my the designer used "real" asschers in the band as opposed to the "carre cut" asschers in my band, so it wasn''t matching exactly, and I knew that it would drive me crazy. When he said that he didn''t have access to carre cuts, I just scrapped that idea as well, since I didn''t want to take a chance with getting something custom made that I wouldn''t like.

Since I''ve always had a soft spot for solitaires, and they have alwyas been my husband''s favorite too, we really loved one that we saw by Precision Set. It''s a 2 mm, very curvy stlye with some micropave just around the basket - very subtle, you can only see it from the side. Since I did want a split prong, the designer said no problem, he would make it for me before Xmas! So, we ordered that one.

The best part of the story is - since the new round stone was actually a few thousand less expensive than my old asscher - plus for the trunk show weekend, all of the diamonds & settings were 5% off - the total cost of the upgrade (diamond & setting) came to only $136!!! I''m sure that the jeweler wasn''t thrilled, but now I guess I''ll also be getting that cashmere sweater & bottle of Prada Infusion D''Iris that I wanted for Xmas! ;-) I almost felt bad walking out of there spending that little $, but the jeweler''s policy is that your trade-up just has to cost more than your original purchase, but there''s no minimum amount :)

So, if someday I decide that I just have to have baguettes or other sidestones, now we didn''t spend a bunch of money on just another solitaire setting, and I can go splurge with Leon or at Quest or something.

But for now, I can''t wait to get my new setting - here''s a pic from the PrecisionSet web site, but this one doesn''t have the micropave around the basket:
http://precisionset.com/product.php?pid=91&line_id=1

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooo, i like that! it has very clean lines and sexy curves, and what a fantastic deal! i can''t wait to see it with the pave. you must be so excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results