shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me!!!! HCA 3.5?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
Well I contacted Mark at engagement rings direct this week. What a Nice Guy!!! He found me a ring he says it''s a beauty. Here are the stats:
The stone is:
3.20 round
I color

Med blue flour

Sarin

9.43-9.47x5.90mm measurements
62.5 depth
54.8 table
35.6 crown
16.2% crown%
40.9 pavillion
43.1% pavillion%
0.5 culet

3.5 HCA-Very Good

David Atlas 1B Ideal Cut

Is this table too small? Alot of the other stones I have seen are between 57-59?
I really wanted a H color(as I am mounting it in Plat), but Mark says it really faces up a nice white. Any input?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
first-mark is a good guy and he wouldnt waste your time--

the smaller table will probably give it a slightly antique look

sounds awesome to me!

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
When you say antique look, can you give me more detail? Thanks so much!

OSU COWBOYS

Rough_Rock
What is the clarity? IMO, I think that the table is in the smaller range but it is not too small. I think it is fine. If the price is good, then go for it. Get an ideal-scope and any other info you cab get also. The med flour. should be nice for the i color. I am not an expert, just helping. Some experts will post later and there advice is very helpful.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
well its a modern round so it WILL look like a big glitternig headlight
emteeth.gif
BUT i think the smaller tables give the top of the diamond a more rounded look (remember the smaller the table the less space the "table," which is just a flat facet on the top of the stone, takes up). I don't know if I am explaining myself well and others with more experience may disagree--but alot of older stones had little teeny tables....

and yes OSU is right--its not that small just a hair smaller..................

dtexan

Rough_Rock
Hi! You know i never wanted to go below an H-VS2. But i ended up buying a I-SI2 because someone highly recommended it, and it''s absolutely gorgeous! I was previously looking at an H color stone and you can''t tell the difference at all. Especially if someone you trust is vouching for it. My I faces up white and i am going to set it in platinum also. If you like everything else then there''s not much difference between H and I. Someone here once said that some H''s look like I''s and some I''s look like H''s. I can''t tell the difference except maybe face down a very slight hint of color. Face up, no difference at all!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
My life on this board has simplified some decision making. I''d say you should consider what you''re thinking of spending (you didn''t mention, did you?), but frankly, based on the low relative cost of generally getting a better cut diamond for the cost it takes to do so...I think that regardless of the dollar amount...it pretty much always makes sense to go for an option yielding between 0 - 2 on the HCA. So, I''m maybe simple minded about these things.

You don''t mention clarity, so not sure if that''s important to you. Using the databases here, for the size and color range you''re looking at, for ostensibly AGS0 cut stones, there''s several dozen you can consider, ranging in price from $11K to $38K, and with only one option from WF at the higher end of that range (H VS2) that you have a lot of information in hand available about, out of the box.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi! Thanks for all your input!
The stone is a Si-2.
The inclusions are not visable to the eye. There are a couple of twinning wisps on the side, that come out just a little onto the table, but not into the center otherwise the stone is clean. Any other input on this stone appreciated.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind the HCA is just a screening tool to help you weed amond diamonds, sight unseen. In this case you are working with a seasoned pro who sees many more diamonds than any of us regular folk probably ever will in a life time. Mark is acting as your eyes. Does Mark have physical possession of the diamond?? Has he seen it live and in person?? If so, then his input is invaluable.

To the color issue,......... The diamond has med blue flour. That's gonna help counteract yellow somewhat. Fire and Ice has a 3 carat I with blue flour and she is very happy.

Diamonds that have less than ideal proportions can be great performers with lots of character and personality. This may be a case of taking a look at the diamond in person and see for yourself if it screams, "I'm your
emlove.gif
's desire!!"
2.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I agree with PQ. It's hard to find a clean-looking SI2 that big. The medium blue fluorescence may make the diamond appear whiter and give it a wonderful look. And Mark, who has a good reputation, says it's good looking. For those reasons, you should definitely take a look for yourself and see if you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results