shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find the Perfect Louis Vuitton Purse!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Hi ladies, Next Monday is my 27 B-day and my parents are giving my Firs Louis Vuitton Purse. I''m pretty excited, but since I''m planning to start TTC next year, probably my priorities will change and this can be my only Louis Vuitton (My husband laugh when I said that because he does not believe that it will be my only one).

I would like it to be a Monogram, and a shoulder bag. I don''t carry to much, only cell-phone, wallet and keys so I don''t need a big bag. My husband hates big bags as well.

I went to the store past weekend to try to get a better idea. I tried the Galliera and it was too big, so I definitely need a small bag.

My favorites are: Tivoly, Tottaly, Monty, BH but I''m open to new ideas

I will rather don''t go over 1000.

Ladies, please help me to make up my mind, I''m going nuts. Practically 24/2 in the Louis Vuitton web page

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi there, If you truly think this might be your ONLY LV bag, then I would personally try to get something more classic looking so that down the road you don''t find that you don''t like it due to the styling.

Some styles to consider :
Popincourt Haute $985
Cabas Piano $1080
stresa PM$1360
Totally $840
Artsy $1400

My fav''s are probably the Artsy, stresa, and cabas piano if I had to choose JUST 1 LV to have for a long time. I know you want a shoulder bag, but I have to tell you, I have a Speedy and I love it!!! Very classic and doesn''t look huge! Definitely glad I got it!

Either way, pick what you love!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Oh one more thing about the Speedy...you will look super cute with it hanging in the crook of your elbow vs just carrying it!!! Hope you can visualize what I am talking about. Just something to consider...
31.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you Lizzy!!

Today I saw a couple girls wearing a speedy in the subway. It''s such a beautiful bag
30.gif
that I will totally buy if I get a second purse in the future
31.gif

I still confuse, I definitely going to take a look in the ones you suggest. Thanks
35.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Have you considered the Neverfull PM or MM, Speedy 25, or Petit Noe? Those are all cute everyday bags. I’m not a fan of the Totally, I think it looks like a diaper bag (sorry!). You didn’t say what size Totally you’re considering, the PM or MM? As far as the Trivoli goes it’s a pretty bag but not my favorite. I heard it can be a touch heavy but I’m assuming you’re considering the PM in the Trivoli as well so the weight might not be too bad. The Montorgueil is a nice bag, my mom has it in the GM—I think the Monty PM would be a good choice. Have you looked at the Batignolles, Popincourt, Cabas Piano, or Thames? Those four are nice options too.

Maybe your hubby can get you a Monogram cles (key and change holder). They cost $165 in Mono; I have one in Vernis and use it all the time. Sometimes I don’t feel like carrying a purse so I’ll just put my cash, debit debit card, ID, etc in my cles and I’m off. I also keep my keys attached to my cles—I swear it’s the most useful thing I’ve ever bought from Louis Vuitton!

If I were you I’d probably get a Speedy 25 + cles, Monty PM + cles, Thames + cles, or the Trivoli PM.

I think you might like the Thames PM, you should definitely check that one out.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, Gaby, how exciting! A girl never forgets her first Louis Vuitton, does she?
2.gif

I just reinvigorated the LV bug in myself-- my sweetie quite fantastically came home with the new Neverfull in Damier Azur over which I''d been lusting since I first saw the preview ad!-- and I adore it so much that I''ve been scouring the LV website with the thought of picking up some accompanying pieces in the next few months. But yes, of course I''ve been checking out the classic monogram pieces too. So with your parameters (monogram, smaller rather than larger, classic, probably can be held on the shoulder), a few options come to mind:
-- Tivoli
-- Eva Clutch (two straps-- one gold chain, one super-long vachetta; a touch smaller than you''re thinking, but versatile esp. post-baby as a chic accomp. for you to a diaper bag pour bebe)
-- Alma or Speedy(super-classic, but shorter rolled handles)
-- Galleria comes in two sizes, did you specifically ask for the PM size? (One thing to keep in mind: there have been many complaints about the rings leaving dark marks on the vachetta with this line)
-- Manhattan is technically a elbow-crook bag like Speedy, but the handles are a bit longer and some women can and do wear on shoulder; depends if you like the MJ look.

FWIW, I agree with Burberrygirl''s thumbs-down on the Totally. Its lines are awkward somehow, like it was made by committee in response to focus-group testing of the Neverfull ("The Neverfull would be better if it closed! It needs outside pockets! But we still want a tote!")-- all good in theory, but the end result just... fails somehow.

Any chance you can come back with pics when you make your decision?
31.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 4:34:22 PM
Author: Burberrygirl
Have you considered the Neverfull PM or MM, Speedy 25, or Petit Noe? Those are all cute everyday bags. I’m not a fan of the Totally, I think it looks like a diaper bag (sorry!). You didn’t say what size Totally you’re considering, the PM or MM? As far as the Trivoli goes it’s a pretty bag but not my favorite. I heard it can be a touch heavy but I’m assuming you’re considering the PM in the Trivoli as well so the weight might not be too bad. The Montorgueil is a nice bag, my mom has it in the GM—I think the Monty PM would be a good choice. Have you looked at the Batignolles, Popincourt, Cabas Piano, or Thames? Those four are nice options too.

Maybe your hubby can get you a Monogram cles (key and change holder). They cost $165 in Mono; I have one in Vernis and use it all the time. Sometimes I don’t feel like carrying a purse so I’ll just put my cash, debit debit card, ID, etc in my cles and I’m off. I also keep my keys attached to my cles—I swear it’s the most useful thing I’ve ever bought from Louis Vuitton!

If I were you I’d probably get a Speedy 25 + cles, Monty PM + cles, Thames + cles, or the Trivoli PM.

I think you might like the Thames PM, you should definitely check that one out.

Hi Burberry, all the bags I''m looking at are PM. The Thames is very pretty but I don''t like the shape. The Tivoli is my favorite and it fits me under my arm when I''m not wearing a jacket, but since I live in NYC I wear jackets almost all year long lol.

I had only tried in person the BH, so tomorrow I''m going to try all the purses and see how the look in real life
3.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 6:16:31 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Oooh, Gaby, how exciting! A girl never forgets her first Louis Vuitton, does she?
2.gif

I just reinvigorated the LV bug in myself-- my sweetie quite fantastically came home with the new Neverfull in Damier Azur over which I''d been lusting since I first saw the preview ad!-- and I adore it so much that I''ve been scouring the LV website with the thought of picking up some accompanying pieces in the next few months. But yes, of course I''ve been checking out the classic monogram pieces too. So with your parameters (monogram, smaller rather than larger, classic, probably can be held on the shoulder), a few options come to mind:

-- Tivoli

-- Eva Clutch (two straps-- one gold chain, one super-long vachetta; a touch smaller than you''re thinking, but versatile esp. post-baby as a chic accomp. for you to a diaper bag pour bebe)

-- Alma or Speedy(super-classic, but shorter rolled handles)

-- Galleria comes in two sizes, did you specifically ask for the PM size? (One thing to keep in mind: there have been many complaints about the rings leaving dark marks on the vachetta with this line)

-- Manhattan is technically a elbow-crook bag like Speedy, but the handles are a bit longer and some women can and do wear on shoulder; depends if you like the MJ look.

FWIW, I agree with Burberrygirl''s thumbs-down on the Totally. Its lines are awkward somehow, like it was made by committee in response to focus-group testing of the Neverfull (''The Neverfull would be better if it closed! It needs outside pockets! But we still want a tote!'')-- all good in theory, but the end result just... fails somehow.

Any chance you can come back with pics when you make your decision?
31.gif

Hi Fleur, my DH agrees with you, he hates the totally, he would love me to chose the Wilshire in Amarante, he thinks it''s very sexy
31.gif
. But since it is my firts bag I really want a mono
41.gif

We are going tomorrow at noon. I can not wait.
36.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Have fun Gaby! I am so jealous!!! At least give the Speedy a glance ok?! Don''t forget to let us know what you decide on???!!!
35.gif

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
A Popincourt Haut seems like a fit for you. It is light weight, fits comfortably on the shoulder or hand-held, and it holds your stuff in an orderly fashion. It opens fully, allowing easy access.

Before you spend the money, be sure to try each one out in the store. Go with the one that''s best for you!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
In my way to LV!! Wish me luck
36.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 12:21:22 PM
Author: gaby06
In my way to LV!! Wish me luck
36.gif
Good luck, keep us updated!

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
What did you choose?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I know. I''m so curious. Keep us posted Gaby!!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I''m loading the pics
31.gif
WBRB

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I''m back!!! With my new purse
36.gif
and even more thanks to me DH

Yesterday I got to try in almost every bag. The Galliera seems to big under my arm. The Artsy seem to expensive for how it looks in person. The NF, I like it in Damier Azur, like a beach summer tote
3.gif
. The totally and BH just did not click to me.

After the shopping, when we got home. DH surprisme with a B-day present from LV as well
35.gif

So here it is the winner.... (My parents b-day present) and my DH B-day present as well
9.gif

Louis1.jpg

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
My DH present. Josephine Wallet in Blue
9.gif

Louis2.jpg

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
The one I fall in love with. Montorgueil PM
36.gif

Louis3.jpg

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Both together

Louis4.jpg

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Modeling pics

Louis5.jpg

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Last one
35.gif

Louis6.jpg

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
A great choice! It looks good on you! The wallet is really nice, too.

Thanks for the reveal and have a Happy Birthday!
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great choice--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!!! Great choice and a wallet to boot!!! Enjoy it! LV makes a girl feel special!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Monty looks great on you. I would have recommended the cabas piano for you but only because monty feels similar to a speedy IMHO but seeing as you may not get the speedy for a while (happy TTC by the way
2.gif
) then you made an excellent choice.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies!! I love my new bag
9.gif
My b-day was excellent. This 2010 is looking great so far
36.gif

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great on you! I love the Monty! I almost bought one for myself a few months ago, instead I ended up buying my mom a Monty GM for Christmas. She loves it :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous purse, wear it in good health always, and happy belated birthday!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous
30.gif
looks great on your arm...and love the wallet too
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice! The bag looks wonderful on your arm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results