shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find the perfect diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jusradiantshopping

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I''ve been somewhat coached by Bob at Whiteflash and have come up with a range of specs for my ideal radiant.

Well.. Problem is, I have been searching for a while and not many diamonds fall within this range. I''m wondering if I''m just being a tad bit too picky or if I''ve found the sweet spot that gets snatched up first.

I''ve searched PS, Bluenile, and a number of other sites to no avail. I may have to relax my criteria a bit unless somebody here can find this needle in a diamond stack.

Radiant
Crt: 1 - 1.30
Cut: Very Good (or better)
Color: D-G (preferably D,E,F)
Clarity: IF-VVS2 (preferably VVS1)
L/W Ratio: 1 - 1.08 (Must be as close to square as possible)
Polish: Very Good (or better)
Symetry: Very Good (or better)
Report: GIA (no EGL)
Depth: 65 - 69.5%
Table: 60 - 65%
Girdle: Thin, Med, Slightly Thick (Any combination of these)

Bob warned me that diamonds like this don''t stick around too long. Then again, it might just be my searching skills need a little polish.

Please help!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, a depth of 65-69.5 is a bit large to me. I prefer to keep the depth 60-65%. It would be best if the table were also in that range, but those are hard stones to find. Personally, I''d also relax the symmetry and polish a bit. I would go down to good on each. My radiant has good symmetry and polish and looks great to me. Most amateurs cannot tell the difference between good and excellent polish in fancy cut stones. I would also go down to VS2 because it''s unlikely that you will be able to see inclusions in a VS2. You''ll probably still find it hard to find stones, but relaxing a couple of criteria will make it a bit easier.

Here''s one that looks promising to me:

http://search.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=6417054&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=&_ln=ps

It has strong blue fluorescence, but that usually isn''t a problem. It''s a VS1, but it''s very unlikely you''ll see any inclusions in it. It does have excellent symmetry and polish.

jusradiantshopping

Rough_Rock
The depth and table %s are a suggestion from bob. It might have to do with the fact that I''m looking for a square radiant and not a rectangular like most. I''ll have to ask him about that.

As for the clarity, I haven''t had much trouble finding stones with lesser clarity and even less trouble finding ones with lesser polish/symetry. I''d just really like to try and find one within these parameters before going lower. Lower is the last resort, but thanks alot for the find.

Keep ''em coming!

jusradiantshopping

Rough_Rock
Anyone else have any suggestions? I''m a first time buyer, so anything helps.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Not many people on this board have that much knowledge about radiants. You might want to try searching through past threads on radiants to find out some more info. You can also check out this chart which is David Atlas'' chart and what I used as a guide to buy a radiant:

chrt3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results