shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP ME FIND THE ONE! I will DONATE $1 for every............

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Re: HELP ME FIND THE ONE! I will DONATE $1 for every........

Easy decision - get the 2.13ct from GOG and call it a day.

Great pick!

moneyring

Rough_Rock

LOL thanks for the replies, you guys are killing me! :razz:

I will double check with GOG and see how much black inclusions there are. Since I know her best (I hope! :D), I know she would go OCD if she saw a black inclusion on the side view despite it being eye clean on the top view. Another reason why I'm leaning towards the WF ACA is she has a size 3.5-4 finger and I'm planning to get a thin band (1.8 mm wide). Do you guys think having a 2+ ct diamond set on a thin band/finger is overkill to the point it might too funky or awkward proportional-wise?

For the 2.13, is there any concern with the medium fluorescence or the table being 58% (other threads I read tend to limit the table at 57%)? And what about the H&A picture, the hearts doesn't look crisp compared to the WF hearts. Should I be concerned about that?

As far as the 1.867, does anyone have any comments or anything to nit pick about that diamond? Or can I assume it's a great choice also.

_395.png

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock

The 2 carat by far!

Sophie2788

Rough_Rock

moneyring|1406183955|3719637 said:
LOL thanks for the replies, you guys are killing me! :razz:

I will double check with GOG and see how much black inclusions there are. Since I know her best (I hope! :D), I know she would go OCD if she saw a black inclusion on the side view despite it being eye clean on the top view. Another reason why I'm leaning towards the WF ACA is she has a size 3.5-4 finger and I'm planning to get a thin band (1.8 mm wide). Do you guys think having a 2+ ct diamond set on a thin band/finger is overkill to the point it might too funky or awkward proportional-wise?

For the 2.13, is there any concern with the medium fluorescence or the table being 58% (other threads I read tend to limit the table at 57%)? And what about the H&A picture, the hearts doesn't look crisp compared to the WF hearts. Should I be concerned about that?

As far as the 1.867, does anyone have any comments or anything to nit pick about that diamond? Or can I assume it's a great choice also.

Hi money ring
The people who have commented so far have given you some lovely stone options. But I'm going to comment purely on your comments regarding clarity and how your girlfriend feels as I see most people have told you to go for size here which everyone is entitled to am opinion and here is mine,
I have size 5 fingers and I am a petite little thing as well. I have issues with clarity I can see inclusions in my vs2 stones I've owned and they were much smaller than the ones you are considering, however this could be due to the type & location. But I started to see them when I checked with a loupe and from there on out I couldn't un see it, yes I need to place my ring 6" away from my eyes & yes I need to twist and turn but I see the little buggers, 1 of them are black crystals and the other one was a white inclusion I think it was a cavity, personally if I were to chose one of these stones as a female with issues regarding inclusions I would rather say my stone is a 1.8 super ideal cut H VS1 than say it's a 2 ct x -si1 or whatever, some people will compromise the specs of their stone to say they have the 2 carat but I personally think when comparing ideal cut stones the quality should play a factor if you have doubts. Again this is my opinion and again I had a choice between a larger I si1 & a smaller H vs2 I chose the smaller higher spec one on my hand it looks much larger anyway, your girl friends hands are small and this stone regardless will take up a nice amount of real estate on her finger and if she has that VS1 she won't go looking for those inclusions because she will know she will probably never ever find them with her eyes. With the si1 being the fanatic she seems to be like me and your self your going to try and look for them as I do and once you find them they are there. Both companies have fantastic upgrade program's so if you do want that full 2 carat or the VS stone later you can get it, but it has to come down to what your comfortable with now. I'll probably get hammered for this post being the only one to vote for the higher clarity over size but I really thought you might like an opinion from someone who does have issues regarding clarity & colour :)

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

Sophie2788 has bravely read your hesitation about the 2.13-carat stone!

I'm not an expert, but the inclusions in the 2.13-carat don't look very noticeable. I'd want the larger stone. However, if you really have a concern about mind-clean, forget it and go for a VS or VVS.

I own a 2.008-carat WF ACA G VS2 (currently having it re-set into a pendant) and it's a lovely stone. I don't think you can go wrong with WF, but there is a premium for the "branding".

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No, there is nothing at all wrong with a 58 table. My last rb from GOG had a 58 table and you certainly aren't really going to be able to tell between 58 and 57. I am a little confused, though. Since you have already been in contact with GOG, did you not discuss the clarity in the very first communication? Obviously that is the only question about that stone. Crystals are not necessarily black in the first place, and they may or may not be visible from the sides. That is the first thing to ask! Your gf said SI or higher. So I'd still go with this stone unless there are very visible black inclusions. I buy VS and up for myself, but anyone who says 1.8-2.1 cts and SI or higher clarity is really telling you that they hope for the 2 ct stone!!! All of the diamonds are fine, but as long as this stone meets HER clarity conditions, it would be the winner.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1406207344|3719739 said:
Your gf said SI or higher. So I'd still go with this stone unless there are very visible black inclusions. I buy VS and up for myself, but anyone who says 1.8-2.1 cts and SI or higher clarity is really telling you that they hope for the 2 ct stone!!! All of the diamonds are fine, but as long as this stone meets HER clarity conditions, it would be the winner.

Agree. Also please remember you are obsessing over inclusions you can barely see on a magnified picture. The diamond is the size of a pencil eraser. And per GOG none of the inclusions are black.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Eyeclean vs Mindclean is a tricky one.

Most girls like larger things :tongue: so that is a strong argument for the larger stone, but if she is inclusion-sensitive then higher clarity is a definite plus.

You could always get the higher clarity stone and then just not tell her the size? That way, if her friends ask, she has plausible deniability when she says she doesn't know :D lol

You could also upgrade size later if you buy the ACA stone, IIRC you can put the full cost towards a new stone (less shipping, of course) so it would not have any risk of losing money if your girlfriend did want to go bigger :) (You might have to upgrade two out of size, colour and clarity, though, check the small print!)

That said, the picture of the 2+ct stone does look nice... :???:

Decisions! lol

If you have time, you could buy the one your gut feeling says to get and then assess it at home before getting it set. If you don't like it, return it and get the other one.

If you are very limited on time and have the credit (!), buy both at the same time and return the one you don't want.

IMO I would go with your gut - it's usually right, and if you don't you may forever think "What if..." :)

optimizedlife

Rough_Rock

Is *I* colour an option? Opens up the size a lot if you go to I, and there's practically no diff b/t H and I...and as long as it's not placed next to an F and it's a spectacular cut it won't really be noticable. Or go *I* and a bit of fluor?

Sophie2788

Rough_Rock

Whiteflash doesn't have conditions for their upgrade policy it's any stone of same of greater value :)

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock

Without a doubt, go for the bigger stone, especially since it gets you over the 2 ct mark. My ER has a >2.5ct eye clean SI. I've worn it for almost 16 years --- still love love love the size and have never regretted the clarity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results