shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find the best jeweler to set a cushion morganite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marie516

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

So... I''ve been reading Pricescope threads for ages but finally joined to post this because there''s so much information I''m getting lost! I''m (hopefully, still working out the details) having Peter Torraca (http://torraca.net/gems/) cut a cushion morganite for me in a pale pink color with a more lavender/true pink cast (not peach). I''d like to have it set in a very simple delicate halo with small diamonds (and this is where I start to get mixed up with pave/melee/micropave options) in 18K YG (best with my skin tone/other jewelry). It''s for my e-ring (don''t worry, I know morganite is delicate... I have carpal tunnel and am *very* careful with my hands so I think it will be ok)... so I will also need a matching band.

It would be good not to spend more than $2K doing this, less if possible. My fiance is a graduate student and my own industry is layoff central right now, so our budget is just depressing. On the somewhat brighter side my finger is size 6.25 and I want thin, delicate rings, and since the gold will be yellow the diamond color isn''t a big deal to me... but I do love sparkles! I really want as sparkly, elegant, and nicely made a set as I can get for the price (if it''s even possible). I''ve read on the forums here that the cut of the little stones in a band/setting makes an enormous difference and that diamonds can be checked with an "IdealScope"-- but which jewelers will actually work with me on this /do it routinely/ offer an option to upgrade the cut of the setting stones?

I''d also prefer to work with a smaller company or an individual vs. a large company if I can, or at least a company with good customer service. Does anyone have suggestions for jewelers that are interested in working with colored stones on fairly low cost projects and who will be sympathetic to my obsessive desire for maximum sparkle? ;-)

Thanks so much for your help, I really look forward to hearing from the community!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having a halo-ed setting done complete with diamonds in the band by Whiteflash. The cost is very close to your budget in Platinum. I expect it will be slightly less if done in gold. Not to mention the diamond melees are top notch ACA (ideal cut with H&A). You can check them out at www.whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results