shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find brown mary janes to wear with dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I need some brown shoes to wear with dresses to work. I was thinking some cute, brown mary jane''s. I''ll be wearing tights with them so I don''t think peep to will work. Oddly enough I can''t find any I like anywhere. I''ve check Zappos & Shoebuy and Nordstrom''s online. I like the basic shape of this shoe from Target but the Target shoes pinch. They are also just a tiny bit too high in the heel. The Target shoes are faux croc but that''s not important to me...as long as they are brown.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could find similar shoes?

TargetShoes.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i got some kind of like that in brown suede from nordstroms. bcbgirls makes them. they were $80 i think. comfy and cute.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--Can you find a link to the suede shoes you got? I checked Nordstrom.com and don''t see any suede Mary Janes in BCBGirls. Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

sera

Ideal_Rock
Piperlime has a few you might want to check out... I like these, but they are more than the BCBG.

sera

Ideal_Rock
The following two are not Maryjanes, but they are rounded toe pumps... the heel may be chunkier than you were looking for but nonetheless cute :)

Steven by Steve Madden

nordie_steven.kuest.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock

sera

Ideal_Rock
I forgot about these because I had been considering them in gold and chocolate but they also come in all brown.... Aerosoles

aerosoles_tstrap.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mara--those are really cute. I wish Zappos or one of the other easy to return places had them....

Sera--Love the Steve Madden''s you posted. Not sure I''d love them with my print dresses but they''d look fabulous with my dress pants.....

I decided to try the BCBGirls shoes I posted. I really love the look of them. They are super comfortable and don''t pinch my toes at all. BUT the heel is really high and thin. I normally wear 2 1/2-3 inch heels and the extra inch makes a bigger difference than I expected. I am wearing them at work this morning and walking on only carpet to try to decide if I will wear them enough to keep them. I suspect they would be a bit challenging to wear while walking on the streets. I feel like I am having to "think" about each and every step. Such a shame because the shoes are really darn cute! Grr.

What do you think...would you keep them?

BDBGTUYA.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually out of all of them those were my faves ID. i love the look of them.

in terms of what you are used to, if these are comfy, keep wearing them. you will get used to them too. i didn''t used to be a real high heel girl, preferred 2" chunkier heels etc...but now i am really getting into shoes more and loving some of the 3-4" taller skinnier heel shoes. there''s something seemingly more fun in walking in them? once you can walk with confidence that is. i still do have some lower heels and some flats/moccasins but i love my pairs of higher heels. a comfy high heel like that is very hard to find...the ones i have i can walk about 1/2 mile in without getting any blisters etc so i love shoes like that.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
So, is getting used to skinny 4" heels like it was when I had to first get used to 2" heels...awkward at first then eventually I won''t even think about it?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
4" is a little high for me, my comfort zone is more like 3-3.5" but i do find the more i wear them the more used to them i get. but yeah if you only wear them once every week and a half, you won''t ever get used to them. maybe a bit more confident in walking in them, but not ''comfortable''. most of my heels are 3" right now. i find that the 4" ones i don''t wear as often.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. 3" heels--no problem. If these were 3" I wouldn't even be thinking if I should keep them--it would be a no-brainer. 4" makes me not sure I'd wear them enough!

But all my coworkers LOVE these shoes. They keep telling me I should keep them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I''d keep them because they are super cute, but not sure I''d wear them all that often. I''m a shoe lover though, I have a huge closet full!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Don't know if you're still looking, but I just got these Steve Madden shoes in grey, they were on sale at Macy's, and they had them in brown. They are really comfortable, and the heel isn't too high. They do have a much more rounded toe than the others you have posted though.

stevemad brown.jpg

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
My BF got the victorias secret catalog in the mail and they have the exact shoes you are looking for except they are not croc.....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my experience with VS shoes is that while they are cute, they are not cheap and the quality definitely IS. the few times i have ordered shoes, at least 2 out of 3, something arrives and within a day, it breaks. the heel or the strap or whatever.

ID what did you decide to do? i just got some cute AE long trouser jeans that i need 4"+ heels for or else i have to have them hemmed. i better get to looking!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Laine--Those are cute shoes and lower. I might have to check those out too. These look more foot friendly on days when I need to run around.

Mara--I wound up keeping the 4" high brown heels. I really like them. They are not the best shoes for that "walk a half-mile" but they are working for days when I have limited walking. Right now, I''m wearing them mostly in my carpeted office areas. I haven''t ventured out onto concrete with them yet. I put in some of the ShoePetals pads on the bottom of my feet and they help a ton. I love the rounded, yet pointy toe look...lots of room in the toe box area but still sleeker looking. I get tons of comments on these shoes. They look great with dress pants, jeans & dresses with tights. I''d say try them if you are interested in 4" heels. I''m still working on getting used to them, but for 4" ones they are comfortable.

I actually had gotten the black with pewter color too to try and those are super cute as well. I love the little pewter color showing through. Those are still in a box in my closet...haven''t decided if I''m keeping them. I NEEDED brown dress shoes. The black shoes would be under the WANTS not NEEDS category. So, if you are interested in black, I''d highly recommend the black with pewter color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results