shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find an Asscher Cut!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I''m having a ring made and no matter how many websites I go to- I see very little with asscher or royal asscher cuts. So please can you help me out?! I''m looking for an 8mm stone, I''m not extremely partial to what exactly the gem is except I''m looking for a pale shade. Such as a pale blue, lavendar or mint color probably a spinel or sapphire with those color choices! I would perfer to stay away from Pink.

In general is there a certain website or cutter out there who is more fond of asscher cuts? I see a lot of emerald and round cuts...

Thank you so much in helping me search!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
ha ha, Sarah join the cue, lol..

it may help, see my thread just below yours here

There is some discussion of various cutters who do asschers.

I wouldn''t say from my knowledge there is a cutter who "favours" doing asschers (unless you''d like to ask them!), but there are always ones who excel in different styles, including step cuts.

I''m looking for just the same as you size-wise, but fortunately we are looking for different colours, as apparently rough suitable for asschers is not easy to come by..
Hope this info helps!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asschers cuts have many disadvantages and thus are not commonly found.
1. Asscher cuts are very deep.
2. Step cuts do not show a lot of brilliance
3. Most rough material are not suited for an asscher cut stone.
That being the case, you’ll most likely need a custom cutter and you will need to contact them via email or telephone. I would not say any are fond of cutting asschers because it depends on what rough is available.
www.whitesgems.com
www.acstones.com
www.precisiongem.com
There’s also Gary at Finewater and Peter T.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results