shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a wedding band! Pics of my e-ring inside ;)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi PSers! Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question...or does this belong in the hangout?

Anyway, I need to find a wedding band that won''t break the bank but it''s beautiful and compliments my e-ring!. My FI was in shock at some of the wedding band prices, so I want to do my homework and get a good deal!!!!.

My e-ring is a classic platinum band, 1.5 round, G, SI1...it''s so sparkly and beautiful!. I have to take new pictures, but here are the ones I took when we got engaged (2/9/07!!!)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I want a band that compliments the ring, but doesn''t overpower it...no colored stones (just diamonds)....I like the channel and eternity bands...but I don''t know if that would be too expensive!. Also willing to do 1/2 eternity..

Any thoughts? ideas? pics?
9.gif

Thanks in advance!!!!!

M~

IMG_1175-mandarine.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
not the best pictures..I know....and the ring was not very clean! hehe

IMG_1176-mandarine.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock

IMG_1183-mandarine.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock

IMG_1186=mandarine.JPG

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
So I need to find a wedding band....hopefully for 1K or less...
5.gif

M~

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mandarine!

I love your ring. I would do the slimmest eternity band possible. I love that pairing, very classic!

Good luck!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I do love those bands...I''m afraid to get white gold..doesn''t it eventually look yellowish?...

This one looks nice...what do you guys think? http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=3663

or something like this? http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2599

or like this? http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=4106

I would love to see some pictures of something similar in someone hands...would the rings sit flush?...I don''t necessarily need them to be completely flush, but I do want it to look like they belong together
4.gif

M~

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, with your ering setting you could get just about any style wband you wanted...Have you shopped around in B&M to see what certain styles look like with your ering? What about looking at antique/vintage plat/diamond bands? In my search for a wband I found alot of wonderful old wbands out there...and most are for smaller hands (not mine!). Just another avenue to explore.

FWIW, I went to Tiffany''s many times to try out their bands because they stock them in alot of sizes so it was easier for me to see what they''d actually look like on my finger, with my ering. I was actually going to go with one of their bands until I found a vintage Deco band with single cut diamonds...so all this is to say, there are alot of options out there for you! Your homework is to start trying em all on! Enjoy the search...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the look of a shared prong ring with a solitaire. As for whether they would sit flush, what does the side of your ring look like? Where do the prongs come out from? The band? Or on top of the band? The SP eternity bands will sit as close to the ring as your prongs will let them.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay call me boring - but I think a plain platinum band the same width as the e-ring (or two of them!!! what''s the term? split wedders? LOL!) would be gorgeous! Save the diamond band for an anniversary!
11.gif
always on my soapbox ;-) hehehe Or best of all - get one of each! I am truly evil!!

doobao

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 1:17:43 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I really like the look of a shared prong ring with a solitaire.

Ditto! Solitaire with shared prong wedding band is such classic & beautiful combination.

But just to give you more choices...I also like 3-side pave band like this one~ & it''s well below your budget too
1.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine-

I just recieved my WhiteFlash bead set eternity ring and love it! The diamonds are dainty- more of a shimmer than large flashes of sparkle so it compliments the e-ring not competes- but the band is substantial since it''s in a channel bead set band. I''m stacking it right now with my half eternity princess channel band and loooooove it!! And wearing it alone, it''s so beautiful!
30.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Bead-Set-Eternity-Band_975.htm

Feb22WFband.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 12:40:22 PM
Author: Mandarine
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I do love those bands...I''m afraid to get white gold..doesn''t it eventually look yellowish?...

This one looks nice...what do you guys think? http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=3663

or something like this? http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2599

or like this? http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=4106

I would love to see some pictures of something similar in someone hands...would the rings sit flush?...I don''t necessarily need them to be completely flush, but I do want it to look like they belong together
4.gif

M~
I love
30.gif
the first one you posted. I think it would be fab with your ering. The second one is very pretty too, but, there''s a significant size difference between the stones in band 1 and band 2. If your ering is plat, I''d get a plat band. Yes, wg yellows over time, but, if you get it replated it looks as good as new. I''m not so sure about the 3rd one. It''s lovely, but, I just prefer the other two. But, that''s just me.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I love all of them!!!! I agree I should stay with Platinum...

I love the whiteflash band, but that''s $1230 for the platinum band
7.gif
((....so I think that is out of my budget...

I think for my budget and to stay with platinum, I would have to do the 1/2 diamonds, I love the shared prong bands. It won''t really sit flush because the prongs in my ering come from the band...I have to take a profile shot so you guys see it...

I still need to go try things on, but I definitely think I will have to go for something like this one from signed pieces (first one I posted)...

I also do like the look of the all platinum band, but I can''t lie...I want some sparkle! hehe, it does look very classic though.

So where can I get a great deal for something like this?

19398.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 1:23:17 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
okay call me boring - but I think a plain platinum band the same width as the e-ring (or two of them!!! what''s the term? split wedders? LOL!) would be gorgeous! Save the diamond band for an anniversary!
11.gif
always on my soapbox ;-) hehehe Or best of all - get one of each! I am truly evil!!

haha Cehrabehra...one of each would be great!....he won''t go for it though..hehe

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Februarybride, I love your band!
30.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
what are other reputable vendors I could search and are reasonable?...I''m not a diamond expert at all so it''s hard!.

My ring is from BN, but I think their prices are too expensive for the wedding bands...

PS detectives, help me
9.gif

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I think your best bet is going to be Signed Pieces.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!...I thought maybe there were other vendors out there that would have something comparable.

I''m afraid of trying ebay or something like that
14.gif

M~

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I also recommend Signed Pieces. I have their bar-set band. You could call and talk to Issiac. I had them do my ring in 2.3mm. I don''t think you can find anybody that can beat their prices. I really like the band you posted, shared prong. I''m sure they can do that in platinum with the size stone you want.

I definetly would buy from them again.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 1:33:33 PM
Author: february2003bride
Mandarine-

I just recieved my WhiteFlash bead set eternity ring and love it! The diamonds are dainty- more of a shimmer than large flashes of sparkle so it compliments the e-ring not competes- but the band is substantial since it''s in a channel bead set band. I''m stacking it right now with my half eternity princess channel band and loooooove it!! And wearing it alone, it''s so beautiful!
30.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Bead-Set-Eternity-Band_975.htm
something like this would be lovely and wouldn''t cause any rubbing issues.

A small signed pieces eternity band would be great as well.

Like color? then I''d get a little pave sapphire band or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results