shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a new setting for my Diamond!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
Hello to all.

My Diamond Engagement ring is a 0.58 ct 5 mm round brilliant G-color SI-1 clarity set in a classic 6 prong solitare mounting,
(14kt white gold)
I want/need to get a new setting for my Diamond. I beileve that 14kt white gold is not strong enough for me. The gold in my ring, ecspecially around the prongs, is pitted, choppy, worn, and I feel that it doesn''t let my Diamond, be it''s best.
38.gif

I am looking for a new setting, and Platinum is a must for durability. Anyone one want to help me?
33.gif

I''m looking for something that fits some or all of the following:

Preferably 6 prong mounting
Platinum is a MUST for durability
Lower Profile than what I have now, so the Diamond doesn''t stick up so high.
2-3 mm band ( nothing too large that will make my diamond look smaller )
I prefer a more classic ring - but I want something to set it apart from a normal 6-prong setting
I have a knack for antique designs
I do love suprise diamonds and antique styles (millgraining,engraving,etc.)

If any of you can reccomend some websites to look for settings,
or post some pictures of different settings you have in mind,
your help would be VERY much appreciated.
THANK YOU!
21.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always recommend Pearlmans Jewelers to look at settings. He has a ton. Be sure to check out Scott Kay. A lot of his designs have surprise diamonds and pave and milgraining is very popular right now.

You also might want to check out Art of Platinum for some antique like settings.

Fay Cullen also comes to mind for antique settings.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I love love love love the traditional tiffany setting HERE

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
I have the superbcert classic tiffany setting. I love it so much, it is so beautiful and classic and will NEVER go out of style. :)

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
The Scott Kay settings are absolutely beautiful and look low profile, like what i''m looking for.
The Tiffany style mounting she suggested is also very pretty.
I feel overwhelmed with choices already lol.
Thanks for the help.
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a Tacori that looks like it has an antique flare too it.

065CO13.jpg

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
Well I just figured out my budget for a new setting....$1,300.00 is as high as we can go right now. So can someone please help me find some quality PLATINUM settings under 1,300.00 ? THANKS!!!
36.gif

Also just incase your wondering my Diamond is a 5 mm round, as a general rule of thumb a stone will fit a mounting .5 up (Example my Diamond will fit a mounting that holds a 5.0 mm round to a 5.5 mm round) So please donot show any 6 mm round diamond mountings because my stone will not fit properly! Thanks!
9.gif

Note: I have decided I want a more classic design rather than a detailed antique one. A unique version of a 6 prong, will work GREAT! I consider a few suprise diamonds along the lines of classic, but them plus alot of pave is more detailed and antique. So I''ve decided I don''t want any pave stones, but 1 or 2 suprise diamonds and/or millgraining and engraving is nice!!!
12.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh, sorry amanda. i surely didn''t mean to post a ring that wouldn''t work, however, many times the head of the ring can be changed to accomodate a smaller or larger stone. good luck on your search.

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock

blueapple

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a new setting for a ring recently inherited. It''s a 2.00 carat round brilliant, H, SI1. The question is that it''s set with 2 single cut diamonds each approx. 0.02 carats and 4 ruby baguettes.

I am a huge fan of the simple Tiffany setting. As mentioned, I inherited this ring and my Godmother had it reset when she inherited it, however, used all the stones in the original setting (which I liked a lot better by the way). If a go with the Tiffany setting, I would obviously only use the diamond. If I don''t use them - what do I do with the rest of the stones?

I''m not a fan of the current setting either. It''s a little too, I don''t know - contemporary - for me??

Any advice is welcomed. I am a huge fan of the forum and this is my first post.

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
Hello. I would make the extra stones into another matching band or possibly a pendant? If it was me, I would have a replica of the original made, that musta been soooo pretty! And extra special
2.gif
Thanks for sharing!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2006 6:30:19 PM
Author: blueapple
I am looking for a new setting for a ring recently inherited. It's a 2.00 carat round brilliant, H, SI1. The question is that it's set with 2 single cut diamonds each approx. 0.02 carats and 4 ruby baguettes.

I am a huge fan of the simple Tiffany setting. As mentioned, I inherited this ring and my Godmother had it reset when she inherited it, however, used all the stones in the original setting (which I liked a lot better by the way). If a go with the Tiffany setting, I would obviously only use the diamond. If I don't use them - what do I do with the rest of the stones?

I'm not a fan of the current setting either. It's a little too, I don't know - contemporary - for me??

Any advice is welcomed. I am a huge fan of the forum and this is my first post.
Welcome blueapple
35.gif
!

It might be best to start your own thread. This way we PS's can suggest rings for both of you, without confusing the two of you together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results