shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i like 0.552 better depth, less leakage.

i would consider the other only in a higher setting to let light in underneath.

willgnzlz

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I was thinking about getting the .55. I was going to go with the .55 set in a 6 prong tiffany style ring. Would you recommend any other diamonds from wf?

willgnzlz

Rough_Rock
That''s another question. Should I go down in color to get a H&A diamond or is round ideal cut with better color a better diamond? Does anyone else recommend the first diamond I posted?

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
willgnzlz - I have an Ideal Cut FVS2 rates about a 1.2 on the HCA tool and it displays arrows, shines like a beauty but is a non-branded stone. I think your splitting hairs among some very nice diamonds. Some will sacrifice clarity for color or vice versa. Nobody is right or wrong on what they choose to put a priority on with Ideal cuts. If you only gave me a choice between the H & the G you posted & the G was eyeclean I would go for a higher color & I would also ask WF to compare the two for you on clarity, color etc..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2006 6:56:10 PM
Author: willgnzlz
That''s another question. Should I go down in color to get a H&A diamond or is round ideal cut with better color a better diamond? Does anyone else recommend the first diamond I posted?
That first diamond is just fine! A H&A stone is an ideal cut stone with the best optical symmetry, in most cases. So you are making a good decision to stick with the stones you are looking at. If what you are asking is about WF Expert Selection versus A Cut Above, they are all H&A stones but the "A Cut Above" stones meet the highest standards. But most of us wouldn''t know the difference between the two just looking at them because they are all fine ideal cut diamonds.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 7:52:14 PM
Author: Diam100
willgnzlz - I have an Ideal Cut FVS2 rates about a 1.2 on the HCA tool and it displays arrows, shines like a beauty but is a non-branded stone. I think your splitting hairs among some very nice diamonds. Some will sacrifice clarity for color or vice versa. Nobody is right or wrong on what they choose to put a priority on with Ideal cuts. If you only gave me a choice between the H & the G you posted & the G was eyeclean I would go for a higher color & I would also ask WF to compare the two for you on clarity, color etc..
ditto. you are splitting hairs. all are very nice. all are the same size.... i would go with the first one you posted. i love a good g/si!
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results