shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me decide on this stone! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shellibelle

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone, what do you all think of this stone?

GIA
1.13 carat
Round Brilliant
6.61 x 6.69 x 4.12 mm
H
VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good

Table: 57%
Crown Angle: 35*
Pavillion Angle 40.6*
Girdle thin-slightly think faceted
Depth 62%

and the cost of the stone is $5,547

I also have another question that I know is silly to ask, but I really want to know. So if I do end up getting this stone, or any other H stone for that matter, and have it set in a platinum setting, If I were to hold it next to my friends ring which is also set in platinum, but the stone is an F color grade, will you really be able to clearly see the difference in color, or would you have to examine it more closely? I know I won''t be doing that, but I just need to know that if we were next to eachother on at a table would my stone be noticably more yellow than hers. I know the stone is near colorless, but I have fears of it looking kind of yellow. Thanks in advance for all your help and input!

justageek

Shiny_Rock
Hey shellibelle!

From my limited knowledge, I''d say the stone specs look fine. If you want to do more price comparisons, the pricescope tool at the top of the page is very useful.

I find an F / H difference to be noticeable up close but not from far away (several feet difference). However, everyone has different sensitivity to color, and it really does depend on the lighting situation. Perhaps go to a regular dept. store and compare different GIA-graded stones (if they have any)? Or, if you''d like to go up in color, you could think about possibly getting an eye-clean SI1 or SI2.

At the end of the day though, I''d hope that the comparison of your stone and your friend''s stone would neither help nor hurt your opinion of it... your stone is your stone, and your friend''s is your friend''s stone. That''s all there is to it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks to be a well cut stone with HCA 1 smack dab in the middle of the GIA and AGS chart. As for colour, it depends if you are comparing it to a well cut stone or just an ordinary one and also how colour sensitive you are. If comparing well cut stones, yes, the difference between an F and a H will be noticeable if placed NEXT to each other and you are colour sensitive. Most people cannot tell the difference though. My guess is that under normal viewing conditions, you will not be able to tell the colour apart.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I second what Chrono said about comparing not only colour, but cut.

to put it into perspective, when I put my equally well cut ''G'' next to my ''I'' stud earrings, I can see a difference.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results