shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me create some beautiful wedding jewelry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
With the inspiration of Matatora''s beautiful blue pendant, I''ve decided I would like to go custom for my wedding jewelry! I''m looking for a pendant necklace and earrings. No pearls, because I was told they were bad luck in weddings (according to some cultures supposedly). I love colored stones, though my latest obsession has been diamonds.

Here are some pieces that have caught my attention lately.

Simon G earrings and pendant (of the same design). I saw these in the store but the diamonds looked bland compared to the ACA melee in my e-ring.

SimonGEarringsJelly.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Beverley K pendant i posted in an earlier post. I fell in love with it online, but it didn''t "speak to me" when I saw it in person at my local jeweler.

BeverleyKPendantJ.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hearts of Fire Fulfillment pendant which was gorgeous in the store! I would almost feel guilty purchasing from a company with such a high premium on their stones! Plus their ad campaign....Bleh!

HOF_FulfillmentaJ.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I always drool over aljdewey''s custom pendant from WF:

halcollage1.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Then there''s the beauty of a solitaire, like kaleigh''s three prong solitaire.
1.gif

nec1112.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there earrings or pendants already in the house ? ... if so, perhaps it would not be a bad idea to have some removable additions to have an 'evening wear' options for wearing them. Colored or diamond-set drops shouldn't be too hard to come by, and there should be some settings available to set with the high quality melee you obviously appreciate.

Here's a rather exotic example of the concept: LINK
10.gif

... and a more practical bunch: small 'shepherd hook' diamond earrings and their collection of drops

Speaking of diamond pave... perhaps a pair of pave findings from HERE could become earring dangles. Wink was boating his new stash of H&A melee a while ago, and there must be many other options, of course.
34.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love al''s!! If it was me, I''d definitely want to go with a custom halo pendant.
36.gif

And just curious, I plan on wearing pearls, but I''ve always heard they were good luck. Something about the ancient Greeks thinking wearing them would promote marital bliss or something like that. Am I wrong? I really don''t need any bad luck.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE Ana''s idea of taking inspiration from the Platinumsmith earring collection. Do you already have diamond studs? If not, you get get small ones and then have drops made for them. That way you could still wear the studs separately or with other, future drops
11.gif
!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
These are another "shepherd hook" style, I think, but you could do the same thing by having jackets (is that the right term?) made for regular studs.

pave halo drop earrings.JPG

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 8:51:59 AM
Author: valeria101

Are there earrings or pendants already in the house ? ... if so, perhaps it would not be a bad idea to have some removable additions to have an ''evening wear'' options for wearing them. Colored or diamond-set drops shouldn''t be too hard to come by, and there should be some settings available to set with the high quality melee you obviously appreciate.

Here''s a rather exotic example of the concept: LINK
10.gif

... and a more practical bunch: small ''shepherd hook'' diamond earrings and their collection of drops

Speaking of diamond pave... perhaps a pair of pave findings from HERE could become earring dangles. Wink was boating his new stash of H&A melee a while ago, and there must be many other options, of course.
34.gif
Ana,

Thanks for the links!

Unfortunately I only have some low quality, tiny diamond studs in the house. I''d be happy with a beautiful pendant and CZ earrings. The matching earrings could come at a birthday or anniversary.
31.gif

This pendant caught my eye from the Adwar Catalogue:

JellyPendantAdwar.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another one from the catalogue

JellyPendantAdwar2AA.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Xchick, I''ve heard that pearls are good luck some places, and bad luck from other sources. I wouldn''t sweat about it too much. Millions of brides have worn pearls and have survived just fine. My Mom is a bit more superstitious than me, so she doesn''t want me to wear pearls. Otherwise I had my eye on my late Grandmother''s pearls from Japan.

Fatafelice, I love those earrings! Where''d you find them? I''d prefer dangle earrings actually. I have a pretty round face, so dangles might elongate it!
3.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 10:06:41 AM
Author: fatafelice
These are another ''shepherd hook'' style, I think, but you could do the same thing by having jackets (is that the right term?) made for regular studs.

Oh, I love these!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here's fatafelice's pendant! i was looking for this pendant last night and finally found the pic! YUM YUM!
Do you think I could use your 'old' wax from this? this is the absolute perfect size!!!

halopendanthandpic22.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
The earrings are from Solomon Bros., but I bet WF could make them nicer for equal or less cost.

And I think that WF is pretty good at making halos these days, so a pendant should be no problem! Not sure, but I think the wax gets destroyed when the ring is made? Doesn''t matter, though. They could just make you a new one!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to email Renee right now and find out about a custom halo pendant. Thanks!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I saw this beautiful Lazare Kaplan necklace in the store today!!!! I may have found my wedding pendant!

DIAMOND CLUSTER PENDANT
Diamond cluster pendant set in 18kt white gold by Lazare Kaplan. The center 0.20-carat diamond is cleverly surrounded by twelve full-cut diamonds weighing 0.63 caratsgiving this pendant the illusion of being a two-carat diamond.
(E-F color and SI1-SI2 clarity). 16 Inch chain.

21C_600-71.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results