shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between three stones from JA

Naveg

Rough_Rock
I picked three candidate stones on the James Allen website, and had a gemologist review each for me. Their comments seem to contradict the IdealScope images, which they even acknowledged. Looking for some thoughts from the PS community, which has been a great help so far!

"Diamond 592 is very bright and has great fire, brilliance, and scintillation that balances nicely throughout the diamond. Its crystals blend with the diamond's faceting, causing it to face up perfectly eye clean. It'll be a great value for you and look gorgeous in any setting."

0.6 I SI1 Ex/VG/VG
592id.jpg

"Diamond 1469182 (0.60crt I SI1) will also face eye clean and has nice light performance but has stronger fire and scintillation than brilliance. The gemologist determined that this is your second best option."

0.6 I SI1 Ex/Ex/Ex
182id.jpg

"Diamond 1464203 (0.60crt J SI2) has a slightly brown tint to its "J" color and its inclusions have a subtle impact on its light performance. It should face eye clean but it is possible that a sensitive might pick up on the feather in the crown."

0.6 J SI2 Ex/Ex/Ex
203id.jpg

"The attached images indicate that the performance of these diamonds is in opposite order but I've confirmed the gemologist that the results provided are accurate and your best source to go by when making your decision."

A bit confusing! Do I trust the gemologist, or the IdealScope shots? I don't really know enough to interpret them myself, so any comments are greatly appreciated!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post links to the stones? That does seem pretty strand...I. thought maybe they got them mixed up too.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stone 1 and 2 are slightly tilted when the image is taken, so the IS image is not ideal, especially for stone 1, but looks about right to me. Maybe ask for a retake, stating the an IS image so badly taken that most of the arrow shafts are not obstructed is quite useless.

Naveg

Rough_Rock
Interestingly, the one they recommend scores 2.4 on the HCA tool. The others both score under 2.

They are all the same price, if it makes any difference.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some nice stones that score in the low 2 range, I would not let that concern me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results