shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between these two eternity settings please?

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I’ve been back and forth for a while between two shared prong band settings and can’t make up my mind. I could use your eyes and some other opinions! I like both, but maybe one will coordinate better with my solitaire?

Not sure of the exact terms for these styles. One is like a u-shape basket style, and the other a scallop edge ? by Harry Winston.

I’ve tried on a regular basket style (Tiffany embrace) and a regular U-shape, but I prefer the side view of these other two styles. I’m going to have DKJ make me a custom one with 8 pointers.

Let me know which one you like best, please. Thank you!!

47097A0D-6504-43F5-A749-CAFA7FA3EDA1.jpeg 32E2DA58-796A-4928-ACC9-4E28B23D3EED.jpeg A8BC5D76-1F86-4C28-8598-635597C3D627.jpeg 4908F298-EB31-420A-9F12-63DA5762E9AC.jpeg

DA7E6499-0EA0-49D1-942A-38CACB40BB1B.jpeg 21854E68-9F8D-4D23-AC56-BBA9FBCFB405.jpeg 0860E443-CD84-46A3-AA7B-99BBE2396E87.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just speaking from the "looks" perspective, I prefer the clean lines of the HW for a wedding band. If you were going to wear it as
a stand-alone band then the other one has an interesting look.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the HW!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The u prong is much easier to clean.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, all!

I agree with @tyty333 about the more open U-prong/basket combo being more interesting on its own, I also think I'd like it better with larger stones than I'm getting (now 10 pointers).

So I was pretty much settled on the HW and sent my requests and got my CAD from DK. I just really like how it's classic and ever so slightly different than other scallop edge styles like it.

But now I'm worried those high metal sides might look too overpowering with my solitaire? It's tough for me to envision for sure since it's set with much larger stones than I'll be getting.

So I'm adding to the choices... this first one pictured below is the opposite of the HW, with very low metal sides (is this one even secure?).

HW in the middle.. and the last pic is a typical low-set scallop edge.

Would greatly appreciate your thoughts!

IMG_9236.JPG

the HW again

IMG_9015.JPG

regular scallop edge slightly lower than HW

IMG_9016.JPG

StarshineSweet

Rough_Rock
Trade
Both are beautiful, and both seem to be made so that the girdles of your band's diamonds won't rub against your engagement ring (the most important part). The first one would be easier to clean.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Both are beautiful, and both seem to be made so that the girdles of your band's diamonds won't rub against your engagement ring (the most important part). The first one would be easier to clean.

Thank you! I had kind of ruled out that first one, thinking since it's set with large ovals (not sure what size), it might end up looking a little busy from the side view once it's shrunk down with my smaller rounds (10 pointers).. but maybe it wouldn't! It is really beautiful. Ack I wish I could make up my mind!

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
Love the Harry Winston. :kiss2:

Wish I had your problems with your choice about the ring. ;-)

Looking forward to seeing what you finally choose.

And when do you choose the ring ask yourself "Do I LOVE IT?" And your eyes and heart say "YES!" Then it's the right one. :)

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Love the Harry Winston. :kiss2:

Wish I had your problems with your choice about the ring. ;-)

Looking forward to seeing what you finally choose.

And when do you choose the ring ask yourself "Do I LOVE IT?" And your eyes and heart say "YES!" Then it's the right one. :)

Thank you. Going by pictures I think I love the looks of the HW the most. But it has significantly larger stones than what I’ll be getting. I’m uncertain whether I’ll love it with my e-ring - or would I rather have a setting that shows more than the very tops of the stones. I’m bad at envisioning and need to try on the exact sizes in person but that’s not a possibility. Hopefully it will come to me soon :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results