shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between these emerald cuts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bojanglesman

Rough_Rock
Long story short, here's my situation. Looking to get engaged in the next couple of months. I'm looking to get a 3-stone emerald-cut diamond ring. After looking in B&M stores with utter disappointment (price-wise), I've decided to buy the center stone (bulk of the cost of the ring) from an online vendor and have a local jeweler that I trust find two smaller emerald-cut side stones to match the center stone (cut, clarity, etc) and place them all in a setting. I'm looking for a center stone that is around a carat. Basically I think I can find a center stone that is a carat and have it all put together for the same price I was quoted for a 0.75 ct center stone if I find it myself online!
Anyway, so I think I've narrowed my decision down to these few emerald cut stones, I'll list the prices and info. but leave out the vendors as to not be biased, although you might be able to tell from the numbers where its from, I don't know.

PLEASE, be blunt and tell me whats right or wrong with them, you won't hurt my feelings, I haven't bought them yet ;-). Keep in mind, my budget for the center stone is about $4200, so I can't go above that. if anybody can find anything better online, please help! I looked through all the recommended vendors listed on this site.

The things I'm not going to budge on: Must be around a carat, vs1-vs2, g-h color, good-very good cut, no fluores., greater than 1.30 l:w ratio.

Stone A:

Price- $4100
GIA cert.
Carat weight: 0.97
Cut: Very Good
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 61.6%
Table %: 65%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
Culet: Small
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.91x5.05x3.11 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.37

Stone B:

Price- $3,825
Diamond Report GIA
Shape Emerald
Carat Weight 1
Cut Very Good
Color H
Clarity VS1
Depth 64.8
Table 69
Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Girdle THK
Culet NO
Fluorescence NON
Measurements 7.09*4.77*3.09

Stone C:

Price- $3,884
Carat weight: 0.96
Cut: Very Good
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 65.8%
Table %: 69%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good
Girdle: Very thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Measurements: 7.14x4.74x3.12 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.51

Stone D:

Price- $3952
Shape: Emerald
Weight: 0.95 CARATS
Cut Grade: Very Good
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: VS1
Laboratory: GIA
Certificate No: 13036343
Measurements: 6.32x4.92x3.40mm
Depth: 69.1%
Table: 63%
Girdle: Thick
Culet: NONE
Polish: EXCELLENT
Symmetry: VERY GOOD
Fluorescence: NONE

Stone E:

Price- $3190
Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: 0.95
Clarity: VS1
Shape: Emerald
Depth: 66.2%
Table: 68%
Polish: GD
Symmetry: GD
Culet: NO
Girdle: M-TK
Measurements: 6.94x4.82x3.19

Thanks for your help in advance, I need all I can get!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
You''d be better off getting med blue fluorescence to possibly whiten up your H and going for VG polish which really makesa huge difference in the overall brilliance/relectivity of the crystal

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
bo...

I did a search using your parameters...Here''s what I found...If you look, most have the Depth > Table aspect that we were talking about. The G/VS1 that is listed multiple times (because they all have access to this diamond) may be a contender. I''d probably veer clear of the H/VS2 due to the vthn girdle. The 1.0 carat G/VS2 also multiply listed could be a prospect as well...

Hope this helps!!

ECGraph.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
1.01 G VS2 68.4% 59% GIA md no ex ex no 7.26*4.65*3.18 $4599 $4644*S Dirt Cheap Diamonds

looks amazing..............................

bojanglesman

Rough_Rock
I''d be interested in the 1 ct vs2 G color at the price dirtcheap offers it at, but when you click on their link, it''s says its not listed. The others are just a touch out of my range. The price union lists is for wire transfer, and I''d rather pay by credit card just to cover my a$$ in case there is any dispute with the merchandise, payment, etc. The price diamond.com lists is a little high, BUT they have a $250 off policy on their website if you make a purchase over $4000, so if there are no catches to that (i.e. can''t return it, etc.) that might be a winner. Some of the others are just a little high for me. Any comments on the other ones I listed before?

Thanks! For some reason I didn''t get all these choices when I typed the measurements on pricescope, I must be tired.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Okay...here''s my comments on your posted stones...

Stone A:

Color/Clarity: VS2 is good, H "may" be low...you''d need to see it.
Depth: VERY good
Table: Good also. Would need to look at it as the Table>Depth on this diamond
Symmetry/Polish: Good
Girdle: Nothing to be concerned about here
Culet: Small is fine

My only concern would be the Table > Depth

Stone B:

Color/Clarity: See above
Depth: Very good
Table: Could be a little large...you''d need to check it out
Polish/Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Thick is not terrible. You''d need to see how it affects the stone
Culet NO
Fluorescence NON

Stone C

Color/Clarity: See stone "A"
Depth %: Good
Table %: Could be a little large...you''d need to check it out
Symmetry/Polish: Good
Girdle: Very thin to slightly thick <-- Stay away!! The very thin could be prone to chipping...
Culet: None

Stone D

Color/Clarity: See Stone "A"
Depth: Becoming too deep but at least it''s bigger than the Table...you would need to see it
Table: VERY good!
Girdle: Thick <-- no problems here
Culet: NONE
Polish: EXCELLENT
Symmetry: VERY GOOD
Fluorescence: NONE

Stone E

Color/Clarity: See stone "A"
Depth: 66.2%
Table: 68% These aren''t BAD numbers, but the D < T could be a concern...you have to see the stone to judge it....
Polish/Symmetry: GD
Culet: NO
Girdle: M-TK

Hope this helps!! You''re going to have to talk to the dealers and find out where the inclusions are...you don''t want them on the table as in an EC diamond, they will definitely be MORE apparent!! If they are off to the sides or can be hidden by prongs all the better...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results