clarity

Help me choose an oval diamond

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't buy any of them.

Scoofy

Rough_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

Could you tell me what makes the ASET of the B2C one better than the JA ones? I can't see much of a difference between them and it would be helpful to know what to look out for.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not the ASET.

The JA ones have a lot of mushy facets under the table (see Niel's explanation about mushy facets here, it applies to ovals as well [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/marquise-quest-questions-on-e-ring-purchase-process-t203860.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/marquise-quest-questions-on-e-ring-purchase-process-t203860.html[/URL] ). When I look at them in the video all I see is very indistinct mush--especially under the table.

I know JA recommended one of them. But that one is the best of the three. That doesn't mean it's the best oval out ther.

What I like about the B2C stone is that the facets are very crisp and clear and that COUPLED with the ASET which is as nice as the best one you had from JA makes it a better choice.

You can't buy a fancy based on an ASET alone. You need to look at the pictures and of course if you have it, a video to help you. It's a preponderance of evidence thing and the ASET is just one of the pieces of evidence.

Scoofy

Rough_Rock
Well, many pieces make a diamond puzzle or so it seems ;-) Thank you for your guidance, I appreciate it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scoofy|1406084826|3718773 said:
Hi Gypsy,

I picked the other two. Let me copy what the email said:

I'm happy to inform you that diamond 1) has great fire, brilliance, and scintillation, which balances throughout the diamond. When compared to your other diamonds, this one is the brightest and most fiery. It has an icy white "D" color, faces eye clean, and has an attractive oval shape. Lastly, the impact its fluorescence is so faint and difficult to detect, that only the trained eye of a gemologist should be able to see a very slight blue tint from it.
Diamond 2) has great light performance as well, ranking a strong second brightness. It has an icy white "F" color, an attractive shape, and faces eye clean.
Diamond 3) has great light performance, ranking third. It's eye clean and has a white "G" color. Unlike your others, it has the crushed ice look and an elongated shape.

According to them, number 1) is the best recommendation. What do you think about this stone?

I wouldnt buy any of them either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results