shape
carat
color
clarity

help me choose a setting! bezel v. half bezel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

runner05

Rough_Rock

Which do you like better?

1)
http://www.canadian-diamonds-wholesale.com/images/rings/Baroni%20Diamond%20Engagement%20Ring300.jpg
http://www.canadian-diamonds-wholesale.com/images/rings/Baroni Diamond%

2)

http://www.canadian-diamonds-wholesale.com/images/rings/Dryden%20Diamond%20Engagement%20Ring300.jpg

I am very sorry for the inconvenience but I dont know how to get the pictures up -

Do any of you know if a half bezel is considered to be a "weak" setting - I read a post from awhile ago that said that a half bezel was the same as a 4 prong in terms of security. I need a setting that is going to be very secure - my girlfriend is very active and I dont want her to have to worry about the stone falling out. The stones I am looking at are about .8 c ideal cut (H&A) VS1 or 2 and G or H in color.

any imput would be really helpful -
19.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one better.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here they are
1.gif

Dryden%20Diamond%20Engagement%20Ring300.jpg
Baroni%20Diamond%20Engagement%20Ring300.jpg

The half bezel is a more classic choice (remember Tiffany''s Etoile ? this one is a bit more dainty but quite close...) the full bezel more modernistic - perhaps more risky to choose for someone else, I think.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
OK in Valeria''s pictures it''s reversed so I like half bezel better.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I like the half bezel look too.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I like the half-bezel much better. I also like the rounded/domed shape of the half-bezel ring. It looks softer and more comfortable.

DiamondLil

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hei, that site has lots and lots of cool things ! How about this bezel ? I can''t see the side of the half bezel above, but most of them are quite plain and get bulky around a larger diamond. The one below seems to solve the probloem of rising the stone above the finger a bit without a ton of metal underneath...

Bella%20Coola%20Diamond%20Engagement%20Ringb300.jpg

runner05

Rough_Rock
i was leaning towards the half bezel too - does anyone know anything about the security issue?

do you think that the band on the full bezel ring is too thick?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2005 9:14:30 AM
Author: runner05
i was leaning towards the half bezel too - does anyone know anything about the security issue?

do you think that the band on the full bezel ring is too thick?
Either would be super safe - more than prongs; at least I never herad diverging opinions. About the band... well, it doesn't have to be that havy.
Someone had the ring by Etienne Perret below made. The finished piece should be somewhere on "show me the ring".

haloBezels.jpg

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I too prefer the half bezel and the band size of the half bezel, as well. Please be sure to post pics of the finished product, we''d love to see it
35.gif

runner05

Rough_Rock
thanks - i think that I will go with the half bezel - Ill be sure to post pix!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
One more (perhaps belated) vote for the half bezel! I think it''s lovely, and no, there will be no security issues (i.e. the stone will not fall out).

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/21/2005 9:27
6.gif
8 AM
Author: valeria101
Date: 1/21/2005 9:14:30 AM

Someone had the ring by Etienne Perret below made. The finished piece should be somewhere on 'show me the ring'.

That would be me... I won't re-post pics here, but you can search my name to find them. I'm absolutely in love with my ring, but it's not to many people's tastes
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results