shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Is it a common practice for tennis bracelet sellers to send items which are different from their listing?

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
20211112_000542.jpg

20211112_000320.jpg

Screenshot_20211112-001029_Etsy.jpg

I purchased a tennis bracelets and the item arrived different from the list.

The seller said that the bracelet is the same bracelet, and there are ranges where the deviation is up to 5% and that they "sell hundreds of this model and you do not have to worry because we have recorded the minimum in the certificate" .

Is this a common practice? I cant help but feel cheated since I could have made a different decision if this is made known upfront.

No, this is not acceptable. Also if you were to ever get it insured, it is a problem that your bracelet does not match your paperwork.

I would return the bracelet and look elsewhere.

Also adding / removing links is not a major operation on a tennis bracelet. The misrepresentation of your order is more of a concern and in my opinion, and will only continue to bother you if it is not resolved.

Last edited:

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, it's common, although I don't see it as the heart of the issue. If it bugs you, send it back. How common the practice is irrelevant. They should alter the descriptions to make it more clear what they're selling. A much bigger issue is likely to be the customization, and possibly the date of the sale. Return policies usually have an expiration date on them and some are pretty fast. Be in a hurry. Have you asked to return it and been refused?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it's common, although I don't see it as the heart of the issue. If it bugs you, send it back. How common the practice is irrelevant. They should alter the descriptions to make it more clear what they're selling. A much bigger issue is likely to be the customization, and possibly the date of the sale. Return policies usually have an expiration date on them and some are pretty fast. Be in a hurry. Have you asked to return it and been refused?

Thanks @denverappraiser ! I am unaware that this is a common practice. I also feel that the certificate which they are offering should be representative of what I have received, otherwise the cert is useless. Yes, I have requested for a return and the seller is kind enough to accept my request. I hope everything goes well for the return *keeping fingers crossed*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results