shape
carat
color
clarity

Help. I''m loosing sleep over these two whiteflash stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
It''s 4 am

I''m wide awake. I think my hair is starting to fall out.

My sweetheart and I are going through WhiteFlash for my ering. After seeing dazedland''s finished ring...I drooled!!

Densie has been wonderful.

I spoke with Brian this evening who gave me much food for thought.

I''m torn between these two stones. Both have their own fabulous qualities. I just don''t know.

I''m having the stone prong set in a halo setting (as opposed the the bezel which I love too!! sweetie prefers prongs, must comprimise!!)

Please share thoughts on these two. I have to make a decision.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_details.aspx?idno=1335323#
(J stone faces white, Expert Selection)

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-801739.htm#
(H&A, well below a carat but terrific stats)

Brian praised both stones. It''s just up to me now.

I''d really like to have a carat. A lot of $$ is going into this special ring. I''m kind of hung up on having a carat center stone.

Brian mentioned that the .80 won''t make much of a difference in the halo (size wise) and I''m wondering with that beautiful ideal scope image if it will appear even larger (no light leakage on the perimeter)

The J looks to be an amazing buy for the money. And a terrific stone.

I''m sure I''d be thrilled with either.

I never thought it possible, but I''m stressing over this.

Price scope has been wonderful. i''m learining so much...I''m pouring over posts everday and hope to get some insight for myself!!

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your first link shows that the stone is sold
33.gif
. So, it leaves you the .80 if that is the one you want.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi...

I know what you are talking about not being able to sleep. I just called Denise from WF last night and told her which stone I want and now she is having is shipped to them for their inspection.

I clicked on the link and unfortunately it says your stone has been sold
39.gif

I wanted to post because yesterday I went to see some stones in person. The gentleman I had the viewing with brought out different sizes....I saw a 1.73, 1.77, 1.85, 1.89...I have to say that between the 1.73 and the 1.89 there was a slight difference in size....you can see it when you put the stones together...but when I held them apart from eachother, pretty hard to see and I am just a regular person...no experience in this industry at all. I did this since I wanted a 2ct stone but my budget for the stone and custom setting wouldn''t allow that. So I wanted to see if the 1.77 would be MUCH smaller than the larger 2ct....small difference and since I am getting it set in a Halo, that will make the 1.77 look larger! So the 1.77 ct it is!

Good Luck....

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
The stone has been taken down from the website because I''m considering it.
If I choose it, it''s as good as sold!! Thanks anyway!!

atroop, all the best with your stone. Can''t wait to see pics!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Oh Good...I am glad you are the one that they have it on hold for....I had about 4 stones in mind within the last week and by the time they got back to me with reports on them, they were gone...that is why I called WF last night and told them to get the one that I really liked...before anyone else bought it.

Good Luck...
Atroop711
(Annette, NYC)
17.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I really prefer the numbers on the E stone, personally.

However, if that 1 ct is really important to you, why not this WF stone? I prefer it to the J you have on hold now. http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-5196910# $4057 PS price.

Also, GOG has a J, I1 at 1 ct but I have no idea if it is eye-clean.

Good luck, and get some sleep! You''ll find a great stone.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I like the numbers in the E color better.. but I don''t like the fact that the SI2 is dead center. Thus, in general, I prefer the J colored stone. It''s bigger and cleaner.
1.gif
It may not be a superideal, but it looks like a very fine make for sure.
The stone icekid posted sounds attractive to me as well, being J,SI2 ACA H&A and just a few hundreds above the ES J stone.
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the .8 better. and truthfully, you are not going to notice the difference in size in the halo setting. and when anyone asks, you can still say it is a carat, as it is very close to being that!
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a halo setting, staying under 1 carat can't hurt. How about THIS SI2... looks clean to me, and the price is less than your .8 choice too.

DI40X_GIA-13114789.jpg

It took me a bit to find the inclusion on this old and fading computer monitor: the GIA report says #crystal# and the thng is barely visible black on black on the shaft of the 9 o'clock arow. In the picture, black color may just mean that this inclusion is lost in the reflection behind it not black itself. It would be worth asking. If that does not show, than the high color and price under 3k make this one attractive, IMO.

If you might consider other sellers,

.... VS1 has nothing to show clarity wise and .9 cts is only a hair smaller than the ideal cut rounds. There aren' too many with better spread and comparable brighteness (although there is room for that, I think). A random round brilliant about 63% deep or with a thick girdle would be just this big (6-2mm that is).

Otherwise... how about .9cts I VS1 H&A

pic1.jpg

Just some idea... there must be others of the sort as well.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Maybe this picture will help.....

The center stone on my ering below is 1.24 ct - it measures about 7mm.
The center stone on my bezel pendant is a .75 - measures 5.90mm.
The halo is 1-point stones. Since 1-pt stones measure about 1.3mm, that means 5.90mm + 2.6mm = approx 8.16mm diameter total PLUS whatever metal there is.

If you do this with a 1 ct. stone, you''re going to wind up with a diameter of about 9mm....that''s pretty big. You need to make sure you''re ok with a piece that commanding if you go with a 1 ct. center.

If you''re hung up on the mental part of the 1 ct, keep in mind that the piece will pretty much total a carat once set......80 points on the center and likely 18 or so points on the halo.

halopendring.jpg

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone so much!!

aldjewey....how sweet of you to show me side by side pics...it helps so much!!

Thanks to everyone who offered advice and suggested stones

I even considered one suggested and presented this to WF....after much deliberation over mainly ideal scope images and ruling out the non eye clean...we chose....

the J

wish me luck.

I''m so glad that we made the decision and I feel good about it.

ANd in the end, I feel secure with WF''s exchange/return policy...so worst case scenario...I''ll have to return to the stone drawing board...

But I''ll hope that it won''t be necessary.

Oh, they''re setting the stone in a halo with aca melee around the perimeter of the halo as well as on the top.

YUMMY!!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2005 1:23:09 AM
Author: hearts set
Thanks everyone so much!!

aldjewey....how sweet of you to show me side by side pics...it helps so much!!

Thanks to everyone who offered advice and suggested stones

I even considered one suggested and presented this to WF....after much deliberation over mainly ideal scope images and ruling out the non eye clean...we chose....

the J

wish me luck.

I''m so glad that we made the decision and I feel good about it.

ANd in the end, I feel secure with WF''s exchange/return policy...so worst case scenario...I''ll have to return to the stone drawing board...

But I''ll hope that it won''t be necessary.

Oh, they''re setting the stone in a halo with aca melee around the perimeter of the halo as well as on the top.

YUMMY!!!
CONGRATULATIONS! IT WILL BE A STUINNER! AND WHITEFLASH IS A GREAT COMPANY-YOU CANT GO WRONG

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much windowshopper!!

This has all been sort of surreal to me...I''m sure it will be every bit of a reality once I see it in person.

I have to wait for the proposal, of course.

Hope that doesn''t take too long!!!!!!

And yes, whiteflash has been great to us. I was just recommending them to my girlfriend who''s boyfriend is looking into a $7,000 mall 1 carat solitaire. I don''t think she''s crazy about going online...I think she thinks it''s hokey...wait till she see''s my ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results